Assembler I - $1,500 Sign-On Bonus
Ultratec, Inc. Madison, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Advanced Assembly, Inc. (AAI), located in University Research park on the west side of Madison, is adding Assembler I positions to our well-trained and experienced staff. Advanced Assembly is an electronics manufacturing services provider of electronic assemblies and products. Our exceptional reputation has been earned through the years, based on production capability, reliability and quality.
These full-time positions offer EITHER a First Shift schedule of Monday – Friday, 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM, OR a Second Shift schedule of Monday - Thursday, 2:45 PM - 12:45 AM, a competitive starting wage and a full benefits package. Absent undue hardship, Advanced Assembly will make reasonable accommodations for religious beliefs and individuals with disabilities.
New Employees - Sign-On Bonus: The company is offering a $1,500 sign-on bonus to newly-hired, full-time employees who begin work at AAI before November 30, 2021. The bonus will be paid with the employee’s first paycheck*.
Advanced Assembly offers a diverse, friendly and casual work environment. We have a proven track record of stability, growth and providing advancement opportunities. If you have an interest in working in a high-tech manufacturing environment, while learning, developing and advancing your careers in a skilled trade, we highly recommend you apply!
Job Description: The Assembler I performs routine assembly operations, of a repetitive nature, to produce quality products per product specifications. Primarily, this is an entry-level position.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: (Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time).
- Assembles product and sub-assemblies according to written documentation
- Tests functional performance of assemblies using various meters and test equipment
- Moves material to and from work area
- Minimal soldering of components may be required
- Utilizes small hand tools, jigs and fixtures
- Packages product per process instructions
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned by primary supervisor
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to read, speak and understand both verbal and written instructions in the English language
- Good hand-eye coordination and attention to detail (working with small electronic parts)
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit or stand in one area for long periods of time, with minimal breaks.
- Physical ability to move freely and have sufficient reflexes to perform the same tasks repeatedly using hands and power tools to complete the task at a constant rate.
- Ability to perform the same task repeatedly.
- Ability to lift up to 35lbs occasionally.
*To qualify, the candidate must be hired and begin working between November 1, 2021 and November 30, 2021. Former employees who had been employed by the company within the last 360 days from date of application are ineligible for the sign-on bonus.
All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital/veteran/student status, physical appearance, sexual orientation, political beliefs, religion, genetic information, gender identity, a less than honorable discharge from the military, etc. and any other status protected by federal, state or local law and regulations.
Ultratec, Inc.Why Work Here?
Help change lives, one call at a time!
Since 1978, Ultratec has been working to make telephone access more convenient and reliable for people with hearing loss. Today, our equipment is recognized worldwide as the standard for excellence in text telecommunications. If it’s important to you to empower others and help provide independence, we invite you to explore our career opportunities.
5901 Research Park Blvd.Madison, WI