- Posted: over a month ago
Company Background Information
Ultralife Corporation serves its markets with products and services ranging from portable power solutions to communications and electronics systems. Through its engineering and collaborative approach to problem solving, Ultralife serves government and defense and commercial customers such as the medical device, metering, and energy storage markets across the globe.
Headquartered in Newark, New York, the company's business segments include: Battery & Energy Products and Communications Systems. Ultralife has operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
This position is located in Virginia Beach, VA
This position requires moderately complex research and writing tasks to support various products. This individual will work either alone or with technical experts to develop content for system technical manuals, operating manuals, and training material. This individual will document the results of analysis design tasks. This individual will be required to research technical documentation and development of operational and maintenance procedures.
• Utilizes Adobe Acrobat applications and Microsoft Office suite and other authoring tool sets to develop technical manuals
• Interfaces and collaborates with technical professionals in the writing, editing, and publication of various types of documents such as specifications, manuals, reports, plans, training material, work instructions and presentations.
• Responsible for the development of supporting materials (illustrations, tables, etc.)
• Tracks and monitors flow of all documents from inception to distribution of final copies. Identifies and correct problem areas as they arise.
• Provides quality assurance check for all document deliverables.
• Ability to take existing and potential content and improve it
• Converts moderately complex source data into technical manuals and easily understandable language/verbiage for use by multiple audiences
• Creates product user and maintenance manuals with screenshots and tutorials
• Participates in language/verbiage conversion of technical manuals/documentation
• Communicate complex ideas in a concise manner
• Establish and maintain electronic and/or hardcopy data library of documents and work order files for documents received for processing.
Education / Training / Skills / Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, or other related disciplines.
• 6+ years of proven experience in writing technical documentation
• Knowledge of applicable military standards, specifications and test practices is required.
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Excellent technical writing skills
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Solid grip on documentation publishing software
• Strong self-starter with the ability to work independently, set priorities, and allocate resources.
• Proficient computer skills (including MS Office, AutoCAD).
• Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet department and/or customer expectations.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits to include medical, dental, matching 401(k) with company match, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and paid time off. Benefits begin day one of employment.
Ultralife Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 315- 332-7100
AddressVirginia Beach, VA
EducationView all jobs at Ultralife Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?