- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Company Background Information
Ultralife Corporation serves its markets with products and services ranging from portable power solutions to communications and electronics systems. Through its engineering and collaborative approach to problem solving, Ultralife serves government and defense and commercial customers such as the medical device, metering, and energy storage markets across the globe.
Headquartered in Newark, New York, the company's business segments include: Battery & Energy Products and Communications Systems. Ultralife has operations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Position located in Virginia Beach, VA
The individual in this position must possess excellent hands-on ability, insight and directing efforts on equipment reliability, process uptime, yield improvements and cost reduction. This position will work in a cross-functional team reporting to the Director of Manufacturing with direct responsibility for manufacturing engineering efforts for both electrical and mechanical products.
A major component of this position is working directly with manufacturing team, Purchasing and Quality in day-to-day troubleshooting, coordinating repair and improvements to the manufacturing process flow and equipment, to include working with the product development team as new products are designed for manufacturability and process flow and development.
The position requires supporting released products as well as working with engineering to craft plans to transition engineering products to production and additionally, activities to implement and improve Ultralife’s Quality Management System (QMS).
• Coordinate troubleshooting, repair and upgrades of process equipment directly on the production floor.
• Participate in cross-functional teams to determine procurement, inspection and disposition of process parts and materials.
• Coordinate engineering activities for sustaining products in production and participate in the transition for new products into production among cross-functional organizations (Operations, Quality, Supply Chain, Engineering, and Senior Management).
• Explore methods to increase overall manufacturing capacity and productivity through modification of plant layout, new equipment, modifications to existing equipment and changes in production flow.
• Identify and eliminate capacity constraints.
• Identify and drive product cost reductions while continuing to meet high quality standards.
• Initiate and facilitate continuous improvement lean activities.
• Author and revise controlled manufacturing documentation and procedures.
• Develop and execute capital equipment procurements and upgrades as required.
• Support QMS through development and execution of validation studies, control plans, PFMEA documents, process flows, etc.
Education / Training / Skills / Experience:
• BS in Engineering (Electrical, Manufacturing, Mechanical) required.
• 2+ years as an engineer in a manufacturing environment required.
• Excellent hands-on ability working with process equipment including, spectrum and network analyzers, DC electronic loads, analog signal generators, power sensors, oscilloscopes, and digital multimeters.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and resolve manufacturing problems related to materials, equipment, and all other processes on an ongoing basis.
• Proficiency with Minitab a plus
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong self-starter with the ability to work independently, set priorities, and allocate resources accordingly.
• Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
• Proficient computer skills (including MS Office, AutoCAD).
• Proficiency with Labview software a definite plus.
• Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodology preferred.
• Perform other duties as assigned and needed to meet department and/or customer expectations.
• Must have a general knowledge of ISO requirements and working knowledge of those requirements as they pertain to document/record control, new product development, work environment including ESD / temperature / humidity / contamination, identification / traceability / preservation of product, property management, supplier maintenance, monitoring / measuring / inspection / validation of product, control of nonconforming product, and corrective and preventive action in support of product manufacture.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits to include medical, dental, matching 401(k) with company match, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts and paid time off. Benefits begin day one of employment.
Ultralife Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department via phone at 315- 332-7100
Ultralife CorporationVirginia Beach, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.