Security Engineer | Zscaler
UltraViolet Cyber Arlington, VA
Security Engineer | Zscaler
Expired: November 29, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Make a difference here.
UltraViolet Cyber is a leading platform-enabled unified security operations company providing a comprehensive suite of security operations solutions. Founded and operated by security practitioners with decades of experience, the UltraViolet Cyber security-as-code platform combines technology innovation and human expertise to make advanced real-time cybersecurity accessible for all organizations by eliminating risks of separate red and blue teams.
By creating continuously optimized identification, detection, and resilience from today's dynamic threat landscape, UltraViolet Cyber provides both managed and custom-tailored unified security operations solutions to the Fortune 500, Federal Government, and Commercial clients. UltraViolet Cyber is headquartered in McLean, Virginia, with global offices across the U.S. and in India.
Ultraviolet Cyber is seeking an experienced Zscaler focused Security Engineer with a background in supporting large customers (and / or Federal customers). This exciting and essential role will work closely with network and security teams to support a highly resilient, efficient, and effective Zscaler deployment for a federal customer. The Zscaler Engineer with work with the Technical Operations Center (TOC) and is responsible for the engineering, testing, implementation, and on-going operations of secure and reliable network connectivity using the Zscaler suite of products (ZPA, ZIA, ZDX, ZCC).
•Support a major customer in ongoing operations, support, and engineering with regards to the full Zscaler product suite (ZIA, ZPA, ZDX, ZCC) and related technologies.
•Configure and tune the system to optimize performance and/or alerting, with a heavy emphasis on URL policy tuning, Cloud Application policies, and ZPA access policies.
•Integrate solutions with third party technology solutions through the API.
•Design and engineer network data flow to implement and improve new connections; or troubleshooting existing communications.
•Produce documentation such as data flows, data dictionaries, user guides, or operating procedures, user guides, operating procedures, systems design document, disaster recovery documentation, etc.
•Interface with company executives as well as government technical management or executive level personnel.
•Support communications within major cloud environments such as Azure, AWS, GCP.
•Periodic review and improvement of disaster recovery needs.
•Deploy and manage virtual servers in the cloud.
•Deploy and manage private service edges.
•Tuning of data protection standards.
•Provide guidance on all aspects of Zscaler network and security capabilities for the customer.
•Supporting the ‘uptime' of the continuous audit trail of the system to repositories.
•Support of additional third-party network and security products as needed.
•Support of cloud service providers (Azure, AWS, GCP) as needed.
•Provides internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, company management and departmental clients. Assists in internal training programs.
•Must be able to work with minimal supervision and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
•Strong understanding of security threats, tactics, procedures, and remediation.
•Strong working knowledge of the full Zscaler product suite (ZIA, ZPA, ZDX, ZCC) and related technologies.
•Well-rounded understanding of a variety of IT (Information Technology) products and protocols to integrate disparate solutions, such as routing and switching, software development, Linux, Windows, and/or cloud computing.
•Previous experience implementing security controls in cloud environments.
•Working knowledge of network engineering skills and experiencing including:
oPorts and Protocols
oPolicy Based RoutingWhat You Bring
- Minimum Requirements:
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience with a combination of: Network Design, Network Engineering, Network Operational Support, cloud engineering, Zscaler, Security Engineering, Security Analisys.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with most of the following:
- oZscaler Private Access (ZPA)
- oZscaler Internet Access (ZIA)
- oZscaler Digital User Experience
- oZscaler Client Connector
- Experience deploying and managing virtual servers in the Cloud
- Experience deploying and managing elastic IPs and elastic network interfaces in the Cloud
- Experience deploying and managing Cloud based load balancers
- Experience with implementing audit trails
- Experience with Cloud based monitoring solutions
- US Citizenship required, and candidates must be willing to be submitted for a US Government background investigation
- No third-party candidates will be considered
- 401(k), including an employer match of 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance (available on the 1st day of the month following your first day of employment)
- Group Term Life, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life, Hospital Indemnity, Accident, and/or Critical Illness
- Participation in the Discretionary Time Off (DTO) Program
- 11 Paid Holidays Annually
We sincerely thank all applicants in advance for submitting their interest in this position. We know your time is valuable.
UltraViolet Cyber welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
If you want to make an impact, UltraViolet Cyber is the place for you!
UltraViolet CyberArlington, VA
TechnologyView All UltraViolet Cyber Jobs
Get fresh Security Engineer | Zscaler jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.