Field Service Technician - Upper Midwest - IL or WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Since our founding in 1883, UltraSource has served the processing and packaging equipment needs of thousands of companies worldwide in the meat and poultry, seafood, produce, dairy, medical and pharmaceutical industries. Our comprehensive offering includes hundreds of products that enable us to custom tailor equipment solutions that meet the production line objectives, labor goals, budget constraints and brand image of our customers.
UltraSource's quality program ensures our products are engineered and produced to meet or exceed our customers' requirements. Reliability, maintainability, and safety are at the forefront of our engineering strategy and support to our dedication to quality.
Summary: Provide technical support for equipment in-house and at customer locations including installation, training, repair and customer support. This role will support the Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs installations of all UltraSource LLC product lines at customer's facility to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Inspects malfunctioning or damaged equipment to determine nature and scope of problem. Carries out the required repair, replacement, or corrective action necessary to resolve problems.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, manufacturing, and other personnel
- Maintains accurate records of performance reports, expenses, billable hours, and trip reports. Documents cases in CRM database in a timely fashion.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that technical support and effective service is provided to the customer.
- Must be able to travel 50 - 70% of the time.
- Certification from college or technical school or a minimum of 5 years related experience and/or training.
- Equivalent combination of experience and education.
- HVAC or mechanics experience or industrial electrical experience preferred.
- Software/programming or electronics based interest is a plus.
- Experience with industrial control systems, PLC relay logic and 3 phase motors preferred.
Other Skills and Knowledge:
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook)
- CRM software
- Knowledge of Syteline manufacturing software also a plus.
- Bi-lingual Spanish capabilities are useful, but not required.
Must be able to fulfill all essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to feel and manipulate, and requires the ability to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Due to the travel functions of this position, you are also subject to extreme temperature changes such as those found in warehouses, meat lockers, etc. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Open to candidates located in Illinois or Wisconsin
EngineeringView all jobs at UltraSource LLC
Get fresh Packaging Line Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.