Ocean Systmes is searching for a highly motivated and detail oriented RF Engineer to support the development of a new Radar RF system. Working closely with System, Mechanical, Electrical, and Software Engineers, the RF Engineer will guide the development of the Radar RF Subsystem from Design and Schematic Capture/Update through Measurement and Test. The RF Engineer is expected to provide system level trade-space assessments of approaches working with the Project Engineer to determine the benefit tradeoffs. At UEOS, the RF Engineer will have the opportunity to guide the development and selection of key technologies for the Navy and will have the opportunity to work with high-end amplifiers and digital processing components. The RF Engineer will have the opportunity to contribute to key strategic approaches for future proposals, IR&D, and additional development activities.
- Develop RF designs for a next generation Radar system
- Work closely with a team to ensure compliance to all requirements
- Maintain proper system engineering discipline and rigor required for disciplined system development.
- Work with large teams throughout the entire development cycle of DoD programs
- Support DoD reviews for combined hardware and software systems
- Some travel may be required (10%).
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- BS Degree in an EE/RF Engineering discipline
- Currently have a Secret clearance or have the ability to obtain a US Government Secret security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
- Strong attention to detail and work ethic.
- Expert level experience with RF Test Equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, Sampling Oscilloscopes, Pulse Generators, Network Analyzers, Power Meters.
- Experience and knowledge of X-band Microwave components and capabilities.
- Experience with antenna array analysis, radome analysis, and RCS analysis.
- Laboratory knowledge including setup and configuration of test equipment, along with unit and subsystem level testing.
- Willingness to measure key parameters using test equipment in multiple configurations.
- General knowledge of Radar or Communications Microwave Systems including frequency conversion, mixers, amplifiers, and filter design.
- Willing to perform detailed Gain, Noise and Intercept Analysis covering all key measurements (Noise Figure, Dynamic Range, System Sensitivity, etc.).
- Willing to document and specify system and subsystem level requirements.
- Desire to maintain, configure, and update RF Laboratory components to meet company and program goals.
- Schematic design and capture capability using RF tools and CAD programs (Altium, OrCAD, etc).
Ultra Electronics Ocean Systems (UEOS) is an engineering and manufacturing company that is actively involved in a diverse range of sensor processing development projects. We design, manufacture, integrate, and test a wide range of products and systems providing innovative capabilities for our customers. The designs are highly configurable and use leading-edge hardware and software to achieve versatile products for maximum flexibility and reuse. We specialize in high-speed data processing and digital signal processing for high-end military sensor systems including radar and sonar processors.
We believe in strong team dynamics, job satisfactions, and a work environment where each member is valued and successful. Creativity and personal initiative are components for success in Ultra Electronics. We are constantly on the lookout for top talent to add to our professional cadre.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org