Plan, negotiate, and coordinate procurement of materials, products and services. Manage assigned commodities, ensuring USSI is competing parts and purchasing from suppliers that offer the best value. Follow all FARs when procuring parts for DoD contracts.
- Manages and executes procurement for assigned commodities.
- Follows purchasing processes and FAR guidelines.
- Manages inventory levels.
- Locate, develop, negotiate and manage ongoing relationships with capable suppliers that meet companywide goals and objectives.
- Evaluates supplier quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers. Awards purchase orders and contracts and monitors adherence.
- Resolves invoice and receiving errors to ensure proper vendor payment.
- Supports engineering with material and vendor selection for new, current and revised products.
- Analyze and utilize Epicor ERP system for purchase order placement, return materials transactions, inventory levels, reporting and daily commodity review.
- Organize, prioritize and execute daily job responsibilities by working with all functions of the company including engineering, manufacturing, accounting, material group, quality and business development.
- Process and resolve nonconforming material reports (NCMRs) in the quality management system by coordination of vendor defective materials report (DMRs), return merchandise authorizations (RMAs) and corrective actions.
- All staff are required to take reasonable care for their own health and safety by adhering to established safety policies and procedures, to not willfully place at risk the health or safety of any individual and to wear personal protective equipment as specified in work instructions.
- Associates Degree
- This position works with export-controlled material. Only US persons (US Citizen or lawful permanent resident) are able to work with export-controlled material.
- 2+ years of experience in purchasing
- Must learn Epicor system within the first thirty days of employment
- Computer Skills: Strong skill level in Microsoft office products, email searches; prior experience with MRP or ERP materials software systems is a plus
- Strong communication skills, verbally and written
- Sitting for significant portion of a day
- Willing to flex work schedule
- Willing to lift up to twenty pounds
- Willingness to move around and visit all areas of the building
- Works within a temperature-controlled environment
- Tasks performed in a professional office environment
USSI is a trusted supplier of active and passive sonobuoys; advanced autonomous sensor systems; acoustic hailing and voice projection equipment.
Ultra Electronics is a UK-based defense, aerospace, cyber security, energy, and transportation products group. Ultra manages a portfolio of specialist capabilities, generating highly differentiated solutions and products by applying electronic, mechanical, and software technologies in demanding and critical environments to meet customer needs.
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60–1.4(a), 60–300.5(a) and 60–741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing compensation. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodation statement: If you need an accommodation for any part of the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the family of companies by visiting https://www.ultra.group/
Interested in a career with Ultra Electronics? Check out current opportunities here: https://www.ultra.group/careers/
Why Work Here?Ultra is a sub-system and systems provider. We specialise in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions for our customers’ mission critical situations in the defence, security, critical detection & control markets. Our capabilities and technologies can be found on many of the world’s long-term military programmes. We employ over 4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange. Learn more about the family of companies by visiting https://www.ultra.group/ Interested in a career with Ultra Electronics? Check out current opportunities here: https://www.ultra.group/careers/
Exciting work opportunities on major defence projects, generous paid time off, growth and responsibility.