Title: Systems Administrator ll
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Duration: Contract to Hire
The Systems Administrator II maintains company infrastructure including all the hardware and applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Install and support networks, servers, storage, security systems and configure software, hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements and in keeping with best practice protocols in the protection of data and protected health information.
· Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, networks, server resources, storage systems, and key processes. Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs including backups.
· Perform and/or QC daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off-site as necessary.
· Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure/add new services as necessary.
· Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
· Perform network, server, and storage performance reporting to support capacity planning.
· Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization and configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
· Develop and recommend security standards, recommend network hardware and software, and select network management software to maintain HIPAA standards and a virus-free environment.
· In collaboration with the Director of Infrastructure and Support, evaluate and establish project priorities, develop goals and objectives, and maintain compliance with relevant rules and regulations.
· Train staff to integrate and automate software features into daily operations company-wide and provide assistance to staff as needed.
· Manage network Firewall, Antispam, Antivirus, and Web filtering devices, SSL certificates, and PGP encryption.
· Manage remote access and remote desktop software.
· Manage Exchange, Helpdesk Support, FTP, SFTP, and Network Monitoring applications.
· Document procedures, configuration, and topology.
· Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Qualifications / Skills (D: Desired / R: Required)
· Hands-on experience with Palo Alto firewalls, network security, Cisco’s products (switches, routers, etc.) - MUST
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Security, or related field, or equivalent experience, training or coursework. (R)
· 5+ years progressively responsible work experience with the duties and responsibilities described above. (R)
· Knowledge of networking, virtualization, and server maintenance. (R)
· Ability to administer servers, network, and security. (R)
· Ability to perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization. (D)
· Ability to create, maintain, and update documentation pertaining to processes. (R)
· Ability to keep IT informed of system and operational data center issues. (R)
· Ability to develop monthly reports on security attacks and remediation. (R)
· Excellent communications and analytical skills (R)
· Ability to think and work effectively under pressure and accurately prioritize and complete tasks within established timeframes. (R)
· Ability to maintain confidentiality. (R)
· CCNP, MCSA, MCSE, VMware, and Citrix certifications. (D)