Our corporate solutions firm in Madison, WI is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer
As a member of this small Agile team, you will help build and manage complex application environments, deploy code and configuration, and troubleshoot issues. This position interfaces with multiple software development teams as well as our infrastructure team to develop and implement our automated deployment processes.
The ideal fit for this position is an experienced Devops Engineer, but we would consider either an experienced developer or a sysadmin/networking engineer looking to transition to Devops.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Streamline and automate deployment operations and processes using a wide variety of commercial and open source technologies.
- Develop and manage system configuration and code deployment for our software (private cloud and Azure).
- Lead the rollout of software to QA, staging, and production environments, ensuring it meets technical requirements and downtime SLAs.
- Respond to and promptly resolve application and environment issues as needed.
- 4 year Bachelors degree in technical field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in a DevOps, Systems/IT or Software Engineering role
- CI/CD tooling experience for application deployment and systems management
- Puppet (or similar configuration management)
- TeamCity (or similar build management/continuous integration tooling)
- Octopus (or similar deployment software)
- Git, Jira, Confluence
- Provisioning and managing
- Microsoft Windows systems
- Linux systems
- IIS and Wildfly (JBoss) application servers
- MS SQL database servers
- Custom developed applications using .NET and Java
- Advanced scripting experience, preferably Powershell
- SaaS deployments
- OS administration (Windows and Linux)
- Certificate management, certificate-based security
- Creating new processes, tools, and methods for releasing software in an automated fashion
- Extending and adapting existing and legacy processes, tools, and methods
- Troubleshooting and resolving technical issues in test and production environments
- Desired skills:
- Knowledge of at least one major coding language, such as C# or Java
- A background in IT servers, storage and networking to support highly-available systems
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud Computing (VMWare, Nutanix)
- Container technologies such as Docker
- Other Knowledge and Soft Skills:
- Experience leading complex projects and mentoring junior team members
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Ability to work independently
- Innovative, excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organized, ability to multi-task, attention to detail
- Self-motivated/ driven
We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can’t fulfill our Promise to our business customers without your commitment. You represent our organization while on assignment. In return, we do our best to show our commitment to you. Our Ambassador Benefits package includes: Medical, dental and vision coverage. It also includes 401k, sick time, holiday and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer.