Seeking a highly motivated and qualified senior .Net software developer to join its client server development team to maintain mission critical policy administration applications. As a key contributor to the team, you will be instrumental in supporting a mission critical customer service and operational application while contributing to the continuous efforts on feature and technology enhancements.
• Developing Windows Forms applications that often involves atomic transactions and bridging the gap between IBM z/OS based mainframe systems and .Net applications.
• Ability to write a clean, unit testable code that promotes loosely coupled, encapsulated, and separation of concerns.
• Working with users, business analysts, project managers and development team to implement new features and support business operations.
• Assess and evaluate the current implementation of the application, re-design and refactor existing code base to better suit for future technologies.
• Ability to quickly learn existing programming framework and integration techniques with various system platforms.
• Attention to details with ability to troubleshoot and support production issues related to file processing and data integration.
• Effectively working within collaborative team environment that promotes agile development process including but not limited to Scrum and mob programming.
• Make recommendations to improve operating efficiency and functionality of assigned systems areas. Contribute to overall enterprise technical architecture and implementation best practices.
• 3+ years of hands on experience developing enterprise level systems on the .NET framework using C# .Net. Familiar with MVC, MVVM, WCF architecture.
• Experience working with other developers using Git/GitHub or another relatively similar version control system.
• Experience of developing PL-SQL stored procedures with application development using RDMS DB such as Oracle and DB2 database.
• Strong preference on prior experience with IBM z/OS mainframe systems and COBOL programming. Motivated to learn the technology if no such experience.
• Mastery of Visual Studio 2012+ IDE and understanding of Azure DevOps a plus.
• Working understanding of unit test creation and automated testing in continuous integration.
• Experience with continuous integration tools and processes a plus
• Thoroughly familiar with agile SCRUM development process and tools. Understand how backlog, sprint and user stories are contributing to rigorous product release cycles.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent