We are looking for experienced Home Loan Underwriters!
- Remote, Direct Hire Opportuntiy (can sit anywhere in the U.S.)
- Base Salary plus bonus!
- Hiring soon- limited open positions.
Our Underwriters are essential to getting our loans to the finish line quickly & most importantly- with accuracy. The Underwriter will perform a detailed review of residential mortgage loan applications and documentation as submitted through our Lending Officers. These extensive reviews will include, but not be limited to credit reports, income documentation, asset documentation, collateral and other applicable documentation as required to render an affirmed decision.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of multiple loan product guidelines for quick and accurate answers
- Provide quality assurance on all loan approvals
- Analyze borrower’s credit profile, collateral and capacity to repay the proposed mortgage obligation
- Ensure loans meet both agency and government guidelines
- Accurately calculate borrower’s income and debt-to-income ratios
- Review conditions submitted on loans and sign off on conditions where appropriate
- Communicate loan decisions to internal departments in a timely manner
- Works closely with Account Managers, Lending Officers & Management to answer specific loan questions or verify condition and documentation request
- Maintain an effective working relationship with internal and external customers
- Prioritize work queue to ensure service level agreements are met
- Consistently meet or exceed established minimum quality & productivity goals
- 6+ years’ experience as an Underwriter in a similar model including multi-state experience
- DE or SARR preferred- and sometimes required based on company needs
- Experience with both refinance & purchase preferred
- Strong working knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA guidelines
- Ability to work in a fluid environment and be held to minimum production standards
- High integrity and outstanding work ethic required
- Excellent communication, follow up & computer skills
- College degree preferred, but not required
Why Work Here?We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Benefits: We put our Ambassadors first. When it comes down to it, we know we can’t fulfill our Promise to our business customers without you