QC Incoming Inspector
REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: The QC Incoming Inspector is responsible for performing a variety of work functions to ensure the quality of incoming production materials. Specific activities of this position include: daily inspection of received materials, including plastic, metal, and electronic components; clear documentation and communication of inspection findings; and operation & maintenance of a wide variety of measurement equipment. This position also supports the development of QC inspection procedures, participates in various nonconforming materials processes, and assists in ongoing supplier control and ISO9001 activities.
· Performs measurement and data collection on plastic and metal components received from suppliers, in accordance with documented inspection plans, specifications and procedures.
· Conducts visual inspection of electronics components and assemblies, such as PCBAs and wire harnesses, to verify quality of soldering and crimping.
· Prepares accurate documentation of inspection results; assists with investigations of nonconforming material.
· Operates and maintains measurement equipment required to perform job duties, including routine maintenance, Gauge R&R studies, and calibration.
· Compiles component and supplier performance data and assists with supplier quality management; provides ongoing support of supplier quality systems evaluation
· Tracks quality metrics through charts and graphs and implements appropriate preventive/corrective action to improve quality.
· Identifies problems, and proposes resolutions that are timely, cost-effective, and meet quality requirements.
· Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Must be proficient with a variety of measurement equipment and part materials, including optical inspection of plastic / mechanical parts as well as workmanship inspection of electronic components.
· Minimum of three years receiving inspection experience, preferably in an ISO compliant electro-mechanical product manufacturing environment.
· Understanding of acceptance sampling plans, ANSI/ASQ Z1.4, Z1.9 and C=0.
· Able to read and understand engineering specifications and inspection criteria, and to apply criteria using appropriate and properly configured inspection tools.
· Experience reading schematics and mechanical drawings per ANSI/ASME Y14.24, Y14.35M is preferred.
· Strong computer skills desired; proficient in use of Microsoft Office.