Ultimate Staffing Services is looking for a Medical Assistant for a Highly Reputable Hospital in the Baltimore Area!
GENERAL FUNCTION: Assist physicians and nursing staff in the preparation for and delivery of patient examinations and treatment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare patients for examinations and treatment.
- Review patients, obtain height, weight, vitals and enter into the EHR system.
- Practice Infection Control standards, washing hands in-between patients, after tasks or touching patient’s environment.
- Provide general nursing care in collaboration with physicians and nursing staff on a daily basis.
- Clean and sanitize exam tables daily. Report any malfunctioning equipment, including but not limited to Wheelchairs, IV pumps, blood pressure machines, scale, etc. Report defects to supervisor.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms with appropriate supplies on a weekly basis. Clean pumps daily, making sure they are plugged in to maintain battery charge.
- Assist in coordinating patient flow throughout the clinic and escort patients daily to appropriate treatment/exam areas.
- Complete thorough and accurate patient chart prep, including requesting and scanning outside records, obtaining updated patient information, and ensuring providers have a complete picture of each patient’s health at every appointment.
- Requesting authorizations, scheduling, and closing the loop for outgoing referrals.
- Provide patient file maintenance, medical faxing and copying, and project support as needed.
- Provide staff administrative support and back-up including answering phones, receptionist duties, typing, appointment scheduling, and mail distribution as needed, requesting medical records as needed.
- Prioritize incoming phone calls and ensure patient concerns are forwarded to the appropriate staff (including providers or nurses).
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE):
· Graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants.
· Minimum of three years of MA experience required.
· Must have a current Medical Assistant Certification.
· EPIC experience Required. Experience with authorizations preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
CALL ME 410-308-0954 OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org