Ultimate Staffing has an exciting direct hire role in Hillsboro for an entry level chemical technician. This position includes a Saturday shift.
Sets up, mixes, monitors, and/or delivers production chemicals used in a manufacturing or process area where accuracy of chemical composition is important in process operation. Works from written and verbal instructions. Removes and disposes of waste chemicals, solvents and acids.
- Follow Manufacturing Functional Procedures for the CMP production process.
- Performs cleaning of mixing equipment, lines, and manufacturing areas, according to specific procedure.
- Performs assembly and disassembly of manufacturing equipment.
- Weighs and mixes materials to precise proportions. Operates various mixing equipment, measuring and monitoring devices including: scales, pH meters, load cells, infrared dryers, flow meters, gauges, valves, pumps, mixers, and graduated plastic ware.
- Monitors pumps and systems to assure adherence to process and timing.
- Serves on the hazardous spill response team.
- Responsible to prevent and/or address any chemical spills.
- Must be able to lift and carry products weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work in a variety of positions i.e. standing, sitting, bending, and moving between workstations
- Will be working with hazardous chemicals.
- Willing and able to work overtime as necessary to meet deadlines and complete special projects.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines for completion of projects.
- This is an AM shift is Tuesday - Saturday. Saturday work will be required every weekend.
- Pre employment background required
- Pre employment drug test required
- HS Diploma or GED
- At least 1 year in a manufacturing environment