SENIOR ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ANALYST - NOVI, MI
- Management of an assigned portfolio of accounts across business units and distribution channels.
- Achieve past due and discrepancy resolution performance to support corporate goals.
- Perform credit risk analysis to recommend customer credit limits for new customers.
- Monitor credit risk on existing customer base using multiple sources including credit reporting agencies, associations, and financial statements.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with customers to ensure timely payments and issue resolution.
- Working with multiple functional areas to drive continuous improvement through process mapping and root cause analysis; creation of work flow and standard operating procedure documentation.
- Provide guidance and training to new and existing team members.
- Perform retro billing adjustments to correct customer pricing on existing invoices as necessary.
- Initiate collection activity on past due items in a proactive and timely manner.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the major customer’s Accounts Payable processes and systems.
- Reconciliation of customer payments to ensure accurate posting to Accounts Receivable.
- Monitor the systematic order credit check system; make credit approval or hold decisions within departmental guidelines.
- Process Credit Card Payments.
- Participate in credit association meetings, when required.
- Assist with journal entry preparation for general ledger posting as needed.
- Assist with special projects and presentations as required.
- Overtime and/or travel as required.
- Assist Credit Manager with reporting requirements as necessary.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures including policies relating to IATF16949 and ISO14000.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or Associate’s degree in these fields with commensurate experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of general business experience in credit and collections, preferably in the automotive industry.
- ERP experience (preferable SAP) in a medium to a large company.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and financial statements.
- Familiarity with credit bureau reports and financial statement analysis.
- Ability to recommend and explain assigned customer credit limits.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, including v-lookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work in a team and interact with customers.
- Experience in interacting with all levels of customer financial organizations.
- Experienced with payment reconciliation processes.
- Proven ability to negotiate customer payment to resolution.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and process improvement skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with little or no supervision.
Please apply or contact me at email@example.com 248-347-1593