Ultimate Staffing is partnering with one of our large companies to find an experienced Buyer with strong Construction, HVAC and Plumbing buying experience. This is a Direct Hire opportunity with a growth oriented company.
Essential job responsibilities include:
• Locating and procuring materials at the lowest installed cost that will meet the project requirements.
• Prepare, distribute the evaluate quotations completed by various vendors as a prerequisite to initiating formal purchase order.
• Ensuring information on purchase orders are correct, complete and accurately reflects the specific requirements of material requisition.
• Contact vendor to follow up on the status and/or back orders when requested,
• Selecting vendors that will provide the best value based on history and proven performance.
• Completing and maintaining appropriate documents, logs and correspondence that support the procurement function.
• Obtaining sufficient information on products for submittal process.
• Update and maintain current market pricing of standard project related materials for both purchasing and estimating
• Input purchase order information into Vista (Viewpoint) and VCM.
• Provide purchase order numbers and maintain Master Subcontract Agreement Work Order Authorizations for project and field personnel when requested.• Locating and procuring materials at the lowest installed cost that will meet the project requirements.
Education / Experience:
Bachelors experience preferred / 3+ years related experience and training in HVAC and Plumbing purchasing
Must have thorough knowledge of project related materials to include ductwork, fittings, valves and pipes
Strong a attention to detail and accuracy
Must know either JDE or Vista purchasing system
Must have the ability to read, interpret and understand specifications, plans and drawings
Strong ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and make quick changes as needed.
This is a Direct Hire opportunity for the right candidate
Salary is between $75K-85K doe