Audio Visual (AV) and Video Teleconference (VTC) Network System Designer position for a versatile candidate with strong market/products, knowledge, analytic skills, and creativity to develop and evaluate AV designs and solutions. The selected candidate will perform technical site surveys to support AV/VTC integration projects, develop and troubleshoot code and configurations related to developing AV/VTC systems, and develop detailed design AV/VTC design drawings using technical drawing applications, using extensive knowledge of audio, video, sound masking and control systems, and architectural and cabling requirements. The selected candidate will interface with other technical and non-technical individuals from within the company and outside vendors.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Leads requirements gathering, technical design and architecture discussions.
- Responsible for project cost management, labor productivity and schedule development, safety compliance, quality control, and general construction administration.
- Manages daily aspects of site construction such as data center construction, facilities upgrades, communication site construction ect.
- Translate customer requirements into functional system designs.
- Develop engineering and architectural (RCP/Floor Plan) drawings, calculations and acoustical modeling.
- Read and understand all drawing types typically used (such as systems, conceptual, architectural plans and electrical power and lighting plans) for the execution of the work described in such plans.
- Provides installation needs assessment, design, estimating, space negotiations, project management, technical/user documentation and oversight of contractors and vendors for multiple projects concurrently, on time and within budget.
- Design, document and configure sound masking systems to meet speech privacy requirements.
- Performs knowledge transfer and proper turnover to operations team.
- Contributes to and ensures compliance with policies, procedures, standards and code regulations.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience in audio visual systems design, including but not limited to: room automation, digital signage, performance audio systems, classroom systems, conference room systems, building wide AV signal distribution, Sound Masking and recording and broadcast systems.
- Ability to program, change and troubleshoot (AMX/Crestron/Google Conference Room Kits)
- General knowledge of safe working practices.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 6 years AV/VTC experience or HS diploma and a minimum of 10 years AV/VTC experience.
- One or more of the following certifications preferred: CTS, Masking Expert, CTS-I, Crestron DMC-E.
- OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 certification required.
- Proficient in the use of Revit and AutoCAD.
- Understanding of building systems and construction techniques.
- Able to perform all essential job functions, including walking, standing, bending, stooping, climbing, lifting (up to 50 lbs) and manual dexterity.
- Expected to Travel 40-50% of the time.
- Required to travel outside of the US and will require a valid passport.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.