Ultimate Software is looking for an experienced PMO Manager who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. This position is primarily responsible for effective planning, managing, and implementation of highly visible projects that will improve enterprise infrastructure and support critical business initiatives. Projects assigned are broad in scope and may involve multiple departments across the organization. This position will support the department’s effort to institutionalize project management skills and lean processes throughout with the aim of improving business results. This is a key role for a results-oriented person with the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, encourage sound decision-making, and assist the teams he/she works with in successfully delivering on commitments. The role requires a person who can build strong relationships and is highly functional in a dynamic and challenging environment. Must be able to manage conflict and tradeoffs and be able to quickly assess the impact of changes and risks to drive creative solutions. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and people and leadership skills are essential to success in this role.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Serve as part of the leadership team of the PMO, providing innovative ways to deliver technical and business solutions.
- Responsible for tracking the day-to-day activities for their teams and projects as required to ensure the projects are completed on time, successfully, and in a manner consistent with organizational goals, departmental policies, and/or the standard terms and conditions of the contract, if applicable.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to manage the overall IT Portfolio to ensure Projects are executed on time and within budget while delivering the defined scope.
- Facilitate resolution of key project risks and issues, including escalation and presentation of resolution options
- Conduct formal portfolio management review of all IT Projects assessing risk to timeline, budget, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate process to assess the impact of projects. Recommend options to adjust Project priorities to optimize business outcomes with resource capacity and minimize risk.
- Provide leadership to continuously improve the PMO function by encouraging process improvement including the implementation and updating of methodologies and best practices where appropriate. Provide direction and development of PMO department staff and improving Project Management capabilities.
- ProContinuously monitor the active project portfolio for signs of existing or potential problems and ensures the project manager takes the lead role to solve or prevent the problem from developing.
- Assists in the development and implementation of project management methodologies, standards, processes, and documents. Ensures project managers' adhere to these standards when managing projects.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing teams / project managers
- Experience in IT PMO leadership, portfolio performance metrics and reporting, and project financials.
- Experience in the design of PMO processes and standards
- Core understanding of IT systems and requirements to set and measure cross departmental functional deployment to meet corporate goals.
- Works well under pressure with the ability to prioritize and deliver multiple complex projects simultaneously and under tight timelines.
- Experience in leading and facilitating group process, decision making and prioritization
- Demonstrated ability to proactively problem solve, anticipate needs, drive results and exercise good judgment.
- Software or other tech company experience is preferred
- Comfortable going between the tactical and the strategic
- Strong vendor management experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) preferred
- Agile Methodology experience preferred
- Preferred Certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)SM
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- Experience with Software development lifecycle, application deployment and information systems planning.
- Working knowledge of collaboration and project management tools.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.