Director of Operations - Aviation
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position is located in Canton, OH. Applicant will need to relocate or be willing to commute. Relocation assistance is available.
The principal role of the Director of Flight Operation is to ensure the overall safety and efficiency of the flight department. The Director of Flight Operations is responsible for the performance and supervision of personnel in flight operations and dispatch.
● Formulates and implements departmental plans and policies
● Ensures and verifies that Company flight operations are conducted in accordance with applicable FARs and Company regulations and policies
● Maintains close liaison with the Director of Maintenance to ascertain current status of aircraft and forecasts down-time
● Conducts interviews of Operations personnel, hiring and discharging as required and establishes personnel duty hours
● Maintains and distributes the Company Operations Manual and appropriate revisions to required personnel, as applicable
● Ensures prompt reporting, filing and follow-up action on required reports to appropriate governmental agencies
● Ensures that the proper entry, over-flight, and/or landing authorizations, when required, are obtained on flights scheduled to depart the United States
● Signs for the Company for the issuance and receipt of Operations Specifications
● Through the Schedules and Flight Following Supervisor and designated personnel, the Director of Operations is responsible for the coordination, scheduling, flight planning, dispatch/flight release, monitoring, and cancellation of all flights and exercises operational control over flight release
● Responsible for contract oversight
● College Degree and minimum of 5 years aviation management experience
● Hold an FAA Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
● Meet FAA Director of Operations FAR 119 requirements
● Ability to effectively communicate and deal with high-level corporate executives
● In depth knowledge of Corporate Flight operations
● In depth knowledge of applicable FAA regulations, International Civil Aviation Organization regulations and the Airman's Information manual
● History of successful and profitable aircraft operations
● Thorough knowledge of operational and financial aspects of aircraft operations
● Excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills; ability to get along with and work closely with customers and employees alike
Get fresh Aviation Project Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.