Construction Jobsite Safety Manager
WHY ULLIMAN SCHUTTE? We are Building a Better Environment!
At our core, Ulliman Schutte is a group of extraordinary individuals. We recognize that our continued success is a direct result of the expertise, enthusiasm, and commitment of our employees. In addition to long-term stability Ulliman Schutte provides a comprehensive compensation plan and a generous benefits package.
Ulliman Schutte is seeking a Safety Manager with experience in managing construction jobsite safety. The Safety Manager must be able to lead others and work through complex technical details in a challenging construction jobsite environment. This is a full-time, onsite position located a large-scale water infrastructure construction project in Newport News, Virginia.
Safety Manager - Daily Life
- Project-wide management of all safety efforts of all self-perform and subcontracted construction work including heavy civil, structural, industrial, mechanical, electrical and more.
- Frequent coordination with project management personnel, construction trades, subcontractors, other jobsite and corporate safety personnel, and Owner and Engineer representatives.
- Thorough comprehension and understanding of OSHA and associated regulatory codes and standards, project and corporate safety plans, and their applicability to engineering-based water infrastructure construction.
- Coordinate and conduct safety inspections, orientations, trainings, and incident investigations.
- Training, development, and mentoring of safety engineers and other project personnel.
- Support Project Team in other tasks as assigned.
- Reports to the Corporate Safety Director.
Ulliman Schutte is an industry leader because of our people. We cultivate a business environment that prioritizes building lasting relationships, providing a work atmosphere that challenges and rewards employees, providing quality work and services, acting with a sense of urgency, managing risks and keeping everyone safe, and adding value.
Individuals that excel in our organization have a unique combination of ambition, intelligence, and a sense of adventure. Most enjoy the hands-on aspect of civil/mechanical engineering and construction, and enjoy the challenge of problem-solving in a very fast-paced, team environment.
Ulliman Schutte is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment for our employees, subcontractors, clients, and others. Rather than simply instructing our leaders and employees to "work safe", we proactively foster a safety culture which focuses on eliminating risk in every aspect of our operations.
The success of our safety culture is evident in our outstanding safety record. Ulliman Schutte enjoys incident frequency rates which are substantially lower than the national averages.
- Experience in jobsite safety management for large-scale heavy/industrial construction projects.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Experience working successfully on teams and utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to relocate to the project area (Newport News, VA) for full time on-site assignment.
- Current OSHA 30 Hour certification is required (OSHA 500 is preferred)
- CHST Certification is required (CSP is preferred)
Ulliman Schutte is a drug-free working environment. All offers are contingent upon compliance with Ulliman Schutte's pre-employment drug screening policies and E-Verify eligibility confirmation.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin.
EOE/AA - M/F/VET/Disability
Ulliman SchutteNewport News, VA
ConstructionView All Ulliman Schutte Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.