- Medical , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Refrigeration Mechanic is responsible for the daily maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment in our Bakery and Logistics facilities. The ability to work off shifts and be on-call is required.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs repairs such as: changing motors, replacing bearings, belts, filters and charging refrigeration systems. Utilizes blueprints, manufacturers' operating manuals, or applies knowledge of equipment to devise appropriate repairs.
- Performs mechanical overhauls and refrigerant reclaiming. Tests lines, components, and connections for leaks. Adjusts or replaces worn or defective mechanism and parts and reassembles repaired systems.
- Troubleshoots electrical control circuits. Installs wiring to connect components to an electric power source.
- Disassembles malfunctioning systems and test components, using electrical, mechanical and pneumatic testing equipment. Brazes or solders parts to repair defective parts and leaks. Executes approved program on scheduled maintenance and repairs (PM's).
- Maintains records of repairs and replacements made and causes of malfunctions.
- Consults with service representatives and others as necessary to accomplish installation of repairs.
- Performs necessary tests, to include water sampling and adding chemicals to air conditioning systems as required.
- Supports GFSI and FSMA. Assists in ensuring that the SQF system is in place and company is in compliance with all aspects of HACCP plan, SSOPs, and GMPs throughout the plant. Reports all food safety issues to an immediate supervisor.
- Supports an accident-free work culture. When developing, or modifying production processes, assists in accident prevention and risk identification. Collaborates with HR/Safety Manager to minimize risk exposure from ingredients, equipment, or ergonomics.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required. Completion of Trade School, State Certification preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience repairing and troubleshooting equipment in commercial/industrial environments required.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in methods to perform advance troubleshooting of refrigerant systems, control systems and recapturing refrigerant, possess sound analytical skills, work with a sense of urgency to ensure all equipment is operating in like-new condition, and have a strong sense of customer service. Effective communication and interpersonal skills, self-motivated, the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, dynamic manufacturing environment and a continuous improvement mindset is essential for success in this position.
As a Full-time associate with Ukrop's Homestyle Foods you will be offered the following:
- Affordable healthcare upon eligibility
- Company sponsored Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Company 401(K) upon eligibility
- Paid Time Off
- Birthday PTO
- Associate Referral Bonus
- Shift Differential on eligible shifts
- Competitive Salary
- and more
Ukrop's is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Powered by JazzHR
Ukrops Homestyle FoodsRichmond, VA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.