UIP Property Management (UIPPM) seeks an energetic and creative Community Manager for one of our new Class A, lease-up properties in NW Washington, DC. The Community Manager oversees all operational aspects of this community, taking on everything from management reporting to leasing and marketing outreach. UIP Community Managers manage the buiness and ensure the financial performance of the properties within their portfolios, while providing exceptional service to our residents.
- Develop and deploy strategies that optimize community, financial and team performance.
- Prepare and monitor property annual budgets, and maintain or exceed budgeted occupancy.
- Develop and deploy creative marketing initiatives that attract prospective residents.
- Deliver exceptional living experiences and customer service to our residents, and proactively address or respond to their issues and concerns.
- Work cooperatively with Service and Leasing team members to optimize performance.
- Partner with Service team members to manage the security and physical condition of properties, including curb appeal, capital improvements, and move-in and turnover activities.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws, regulations and codes.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external customers, including company owners, associates, residents, property owners and vendors.
- Use metrics to diagnose issues, and drive and report business performance.
- Ensure the Management Office operates smoothly.
- Collect and post rents.
- Create welcoming communities that are managed in compliance with UIPPM’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field of study and related business experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a residential property manager, Class A experience required
- Experience working with Yardi and/or other similar property management and accounting software
- Proven success in meeting or exceeding performance goals and customer service expectations
- Excellent people skills and a high degree of effective communication effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated attention to detail, working well under pressure while prioritizing, multi-tasking and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to react to and resolve issues as quickly as possible with creativity and innovation
- Self-motivated with demonstrated follow-through
- Handle confidential information discreetly and professionally
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective leasing and sales techniques
- CPM/ARM/RPA certification preferred
UIP Property Management is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, or protected Veteran status.
Work for UIPPM and we’ll work for you!
Community Managers are eligible for renewal commissions and move-in and delinquency bonuses on a monthly basis, and performance bonuses delivered on a quarterly basis.
UIPPM is a progressive, full-service property management company headquartered in Washington, DC. Our roots are in ownership, but our mission is providing exemplary, proactive and responsive customer service. The UIPPM team possesses extensive acquisition, redevelopment and asset management experience, helping the company become a premier management company in the Washington, DC region.