Position Title: Production Superintendent
Reports to: Operations Manager
Scope: The Production Superintendent will have overall accountability for directing and managing plant operations to meet all quality, safety, and customer requirements in the most safe, cost-effective, and timely manner to increase profitability by performing the following duties.
· Work directly with Production Supervisors to plan and direct work activities for the plant floor, using people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make product in the most efficient and effective manner ensuring company and customer needs are met.
· Track, analyze, forecast, and report on budgets and goals.
· Oversee department operations and staffing to reach production deadlines.
· Read and analyze production schedules assuring proper line balancing and labor needs to stay within company guidelines while assuring customer needs are met.
· Set clearly defined goals and expectations holding the Production Supervisors and Associates responsible for attainment.
· Participate in the development and implementation of production methods and procedures designed to enhance operations and improve production efficiencies and product quality.
· Lead, manage and hold Production Supervisors and Associates accountable for their responsibilities.
· Investigate and resolve work related conflicts and concerns conferring as necessary with other management and supervisors to ensure resolution.
· Participate as an active member of the Corrective Action Teams.
· Follow 6s protocols and hold Supervisors and associates responsible for following 6s protocols.
· Promote Company core values and assure core values are upheld by all direct and indirect reports.
· Enforce all company rules, regulations and policies.
· Assist with other projects or duties as assigned.
· Assume authority and responsibility of Operations Manager to provide coverage in the event of Operations Manager’s absence.
Requirements & Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field and at least five years of experience in production supervision.
· Excellent work history, attendance, initiative and drive to succeed.
· Maintain excellent communication and relationships with others.
· Be a team player and maintain a positive attitude.
· Perform in a manner consistent with Company Vision/Mission Statement and Core Values.