Ubuntu Care LLC Portland, ME
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision
Registered Nurse Position
The Registered Nurse is responsible for managing and coordinating the Agency’s activities in order to provide compassionate and person-centered care to individuals with developmental disabilities in a residential setting. The Registered Nurse will collaborate with relevant stakeholders in planning and decision-making that affects the Agency and will be the primary role model responsible for coaching, empowering and assisting the staff in professional growth and fulfillment of the mission, vision and values of the organization. Under the general direction of the Clinical Director, the Nurse is responsible to provide health care to all residents of Ubuntu Care. The Nurse is a registered nurse (RN) who will conduct general assessments as well as an evaluation for sick/injured individuals. The Nurse manages adults in agency’s care by working with all disciplines to promote positive medical outcomes. The Nurse will collaborate with Health Services and care providers to ensure all individuals’ needs are met and that compliance is met for State and Federal regulatory agencies. The Nurse is responsible for medication supervision and training of Ubuntu Care staff in the safe administration of medication. Additionally, the Nurse will teach and run a CRMA class and Certify DSPs as well as act as a resource to the staff in all aspects of safe medication administration. The nurse will demonstrate and be accountable to the Agencies Mission, Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Strategic Plan.
Qualifications and Professional Requirements:
• Active Nursing License and other certifications specific to department policies may be required
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in an accredited nursing program desirable; or master’s degree from accredited nursing program preferred.
• One to two years demonstrated clinical competence and leadership or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to mentor and empower staff; to set the climate on each shift for cooperation and teamwork
• Self-directed and self-motivated with a firm understanding of other nursing and leadership roles; skilled change agent
• Effective communicator with the ability to create strong nurse/physician partnerships; serves as a role model through professional behavior and open, direct communication
1. Exercises full compliance with the Agency’s Code of Conduct, all Agency policies and procedures and State and Federal regulations.
2. Maintain confidentiality and security for all individuals related material and/or individual records.
3. Perform duties as required regarding individual’s health e.g. vital signs, lab work and/or prepare medications for home visits.
4. Supervise House Managers in care of individuals with disabilities and medication administration.
5. Conducts program weekly, monthly and quarterly med room review in accordance with Agency Medication Administration policy. Inspects weekly or monthly medical supplies of program depending on program needs.
6. Perform nursing assessments of individuals per policy and provide health education to individuals.
7. Administer and supervise medication administration by following Doctor’s orders and document in the individual’s record. Prepares home visits meds for individuals.
8. Provide triage, first aid treatment and documents accordingly. Assess health concerns when conducting interventions on individuals.
9. Participate in staff training when requested and acts as a medical resource to all direct care staff.
10. Understand and ensure regulations from OADS and CRMA guidelines are followed, Update and maintain eMAR in Therap. Update and maintain a program manual on an annual basis.
11. Demonstrate, promote and practice cultural competency toward individuals and staff through respect and understanding achieved through training and Agency cultural activities.
12. Work with other professionals to increase knowledge and experience. Additionally, use peers and own resources to increase knowledge base working with individual with disabilities and behavior issues. Maintain knowledge in mental and physical needs of our individuals.
13. Works with the Director of Operations to ease cost and recommend supplies and equipment when needed.
14. Understand the diverse insurances that the different program utilizes.
15. Refer individuals to specialists as deemed appropriate. Assess health concerns when conducting interventions on individuals.
16. Work with individuals and families regarding health needs promoting health and wellness.
17. Attend intake and treatment team meetings. Order prescriptions, OTC drugs and medical supplies.
18. Track all medication orders to ensure they are current and consistent with Ubuntu Care medication administration policy.
19. Consult with the Director of Clinical Services, Physicians and staff to promote a collaborative approach.
20. Provide data and statistics to the Director of Clinical Service as requested.
• Provide instruction of clinically oriented training courses and workshops on topics involving health, safety, care and support of service recipients including CRMA, CRMA Refresher, CPR/FIRST AID, INFECTION CONTROL and others as developed and assigned.
• Completion of Maine’s CRMA “Train the Trainer” course
Ubuntu Care LLCWhy Work Here?
"Because we value "Ubuntu". A quality that includes the essential human virtues; compassion and humanity."
999 Forest AvenuePortland, ME