At Ubiquity, you'll have an outstanding opportunity. The chance to use your skills and imagination to push the boundaries of what's possible. To build never seen before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. You'll be challenged, but you won’t be alone. You'll be joining a team of diverse innovators, all driven to go beyond the status quo to craft what comes next.
The Market Outside Plant Engineer is responsible for all aspects of fiber design and fiber asset allocation in its geographical market(s) such as route design, map creation, vault placements etc. This position will also be responsible for the management of the outsourced detailed design of outside plant fiber with key strategic partners. This position will professionally represent the company in front of customers (internal and external), utilities, municipalities, and contractors; and, be able to work cross-functionally within a matrix organizational structure to achieve implementation goals in conjunction with Field Engineering, Operations, Regulatory, Finance, Sales, Product Development and Supply Chain Management.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Responsible for overall fiber design in the market
- Understand Corporate design guidelines and local/county/state requirements for fiber design and deployment
- Ensure that Outsourced design partner completely understands these requirements
- Oversee the outsourced detail design process, and create all necessary splicing prints and work orders for downstream workflow
- Review and approve all fiber designs created by outsourced design partner
- Facilitate Kick-Off meetings for new fiber design initiatives
- Maintain detailed design maps for A-Z fiber locations by ensuring that fiber inventory database is promptly updated
- Ensure Design Layout Records are provided by contractors and consistent with the company standards
- Provide accurate fiber assignments to the installation teams for lateral fibers to the last demarcation point
- Create Requisitions for Purchase Order approval and payment to outsourced design partner.
- Submit all necessary Change management notifications and comply with field activity policies and guidelines.
- Work hand in hand with Field Engineering/Operations, Regulatory/Permitting, and Project Management teams.
- Monitor network capacity and plan network augments as required in a timely manner.
- Available to respond and provide support during major outages. Participate in On-Call rotation as required.
- Assist Sales Engineering with ROI/IRR analysis in fiber assets for potential sales opportunities.
- BS/BA with preference to Civil, Construction, or Electrical, Engineering Degrees or equivalent work experience.
- CCNA or similar or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Six or more years of relevant work experience with preference to the following:
- Outside Plant Route Mapping and GIS software experience
- Native Ethernet Design
- Layer II, Layer III, and MPLS
- OEM Dark Fiber Transport Equipment knowledge such as ALU, Ciena, Fujitsu, Cisco, Juniper
- CWDM/DWDM Fiber Managing & Design Experience
- Fiber Testing and Troubleshooting Experience
- SONET Ring architectures
- Hubbing and Switching concepts for SONET and MW.
- FiberInventory Database
- Experience designing, maintaining, and documenting network diagrams and layouts.
- Experience managing outsourced OSP design/installation work
- Experience developing and implementing business process improvement.
- Capacity and forecasting experience in fiber architectures.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant Construction techniques (aerial & underground) preferred
- Working knowledge of work-safety standards such as OSHA, etc.
What You'll Bring:
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Goal-Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations and large workload balances with strategic partners.
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of integrity
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint) skills
- A positive attitude and desire to deliver exceptional results for our customers.
- Personal commitment to safety, integrity, and continual professional development
What’s in it for you?
We truly value our employees and put their well-being first! Here we provide the following benefits:
- Competitive pay
- Collegial environment of talented professionals
- Growing and well-funded company
- Medical and Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.