Research Assistant I/II
UbiVac Portland, OR
- Posted: over a month ago
- $37,000 to $60,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, medical, vision, 401k,
The Research Assistant I/II, under general direction, will be responsible for manufacturing cancer vaccines for use in clinical trials.
If you are looking to gain experience in the biotechnology / pharmaceutical industry and want to work in a small team environment with a great group, this is an opportunity you’ll want to explore!
- Crafting Cures for Cancers!
- Advanced GMP cell culture techniques to include, but not limited to:
- Correct use of PPE
- Aseptic operations in a BSC
- Accurate and precise pipetting, both serologic and micro
- Meticulous notetaking and proper batch record and form submission
- Thorough cleaning on a regular basis
- Adhere to internal GMP policies, procedures, and reports
- Draft & Review basic and technical documentation
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational, analytical, data review and report writing skills
- Ability to set personal performance goals and provide input to departmental objectives
- Ability to adapt to frequent and rapid changes in the work environment and allocate, adjust, and optimize time accordingly
- Ability to work independently and establish work priorities to meet targets and timelines
- Ability to work as part of a group (very important)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and occasional fast walking
- Use hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a pipette, open and close flasks, and other lab tasks
- Lift up to 25 pounds on occasion
- Ability to wear restrictive gowning for extended periods of time during periods of prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Bachelor’s degree in a related science concentration
- 1-5 years of experience in a laboratory setting, pharmaceutical or biotechnology products experience preferred
- GMP experience
- 401(k) with employer match
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Potential for stock options
· Dependent on experience
- Monday to Friday
- One location
- Occasional, subject to manager approval
UbiVac is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
UbiVacWhy Work Here?
Want to play a role in curing cancer with amazing colleagues, opportunities to cross-train/advance, plus stock options? UbiVac is for YOU!
Founded in Portland, OR in 2005 as a spinout of the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute, at Providence Portland Medical Center, UbiVac continues to build upon groundbreaking research in immunotherapy. In collaboration with partners, UbiVac has combination immunotherapy trials for advanced head and neck cancer (HNSCC) and breast cancer, and plans to bring other new therapies to the clinic in the near future. UbiVac is seeking talented individuals who want to join our team and dedicate substantial effort towards the dream of finishing cancer. #FinishCancer
18183 SW Boones Ferry RdPortland, OR