Saint Louis, MO
Provide senior technical leadership, guidance, and support in formulating strategic
technology approaches and systems architecture for client's enterprise systems. This
position is responsible for designing reusable technical assets and standards to support
solution development, as well as consulting with project owners on how to best leverage
these assets and standards. Strong understanding of the information technology
landscape - stretching from infrastructure, network, client, server, emerging technology
standards and trends.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer
- Drive business and IT alignment to leverage reusable architecture capabilities.
- Collaborate with IT management to define and develop technology strategy, technology standards, roadmaps, and practices.
- Act as a technical expert addressing problems relating to systems integration,compatibility, and multiple platform integration.
- Interact and consult with appropriate business analysts, project managers and developers to understand application/project requirements and define architectural solutions to meet those requirements.
- Work with the application solutions delivery teams in the development of services,components, standards, and frameworks required to support client's business strategy (e.g. design patterns, reusable components).
- Ensure that projects follow the prescribed development life cycle and meet quality standards.
- Serve as point of escalation, review and approval for key issues/decisions.
- Conduct code reviews for all major initiatives.
- Analyze and recommend software acquisitions and alternative solutions, methodologies, strategies and tools.
- Keep current with trends and technological innovations in the Cable and IT industry and make appropriate development recommendations.
- Identify and communicate risks associated with component or application implementation.
- Provide superior support and guidance to the development teams during the analysis, development and testing processes
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
Must be detailed oriented and highly motivated
Professional communication skills
Able to adapt to agile and fast-paced environment
Experience building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions
Knowledge of all phases of software development including design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation.
Ability to compose detailed documents for technical standards, solution templates and procedures/troubleshooting documents
Ability to define and summarize technical dependencies
Ability to speak contemporaneously about technical and business strategies for senior technical and business executives
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent
Related Work Experience
12 years of experience with system installation, configuration and operations
8 years of software (Java) or DB development (NoSQL)
5 years NoSQL Database experience (MongoDB, Apache Cassandra)
5 years of experience with containerization tools such as Kubernetes and Docker
6 years of DB schema design or XL message design and web service design
4 years of building automation tools (ANT, Maven, Jenkins) and testing automation tools
Experience with DevOps tools – Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
Hadoop experience in highly preferred
Please send resume at email@example.com
515 Olive Street, Suite 400
St. Louis, MO 63101