When people contact us for help, a Support Coordinator is often the one who responds. You’ll be their human connection to Uber Works: considerate, consistent, straight forward, and optimistic. You’ll answer questions about the shift on our platform and product.
We're looking for a sharp, personable, and organized Support Coordinator for the overnight support operations of Uber Works. This role will require a unique combination of customer service skills and attention to detail. The Support Coordinator will need to empathize with and respond to users of the platform while using excellent prioritization, organization, and communication skills to handle inbound issues with a customer-first mentality.
We believe in equal opportunity for everyone. This is a contract position. All applicants will be considered.
What you'll do:
As our platform’s point of contact, you’ll be the welcoming voice of Uber Works, providing incredible customer service, troubleshooting, and support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our users and use your expertise to meet their needs.
- Provide chat, email, and phone support to our business partners and platform users.
- Resolve issues related to our shifts and product, by responding to their requests and provide extraordinary customer service.
- Assist in operations functions like worker scheduling and payments reconciliation
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Verify that the content of our self-service tools and web pages are up-to-date
- Actively search for new features which could empower every user to have a simple, enjoyable experience with the platform
- Diagnose and report the source of repeat issues our users have
- Proactively communicate operational processes and product solutions needed for program success
- Work independently on projects and experiments designed to improve processes or operations
- Problem solve technical and operational challenges associated with launching a new product
- Support the Uber Works Operations Team through analytics, process improvement, and logistics on cross-functional projects.
What You’ll Need
- Verbal and written fluency in English, Spanish a bonus
- Minimum 2 years experience navigating and resolving various customer inquiries
- Experience supporting customers via phone, e-mail, chat, and/or in person
- Passion for customer service and ownership of the customer experience including comprehensive issue resolution across various tools
- Able to effectively tailor communication and style to different audiences
- Able to self manage and work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Thrives on a team where expertise is shared and feedback is welcomed
- Effective time management including ability to multitask, organize and prioritize
- Able to research and grasp information across multiple tools while talking with users
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and a willingness to grow alongside the business
- Proficient with MacOS and Google Suite
- At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
- We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.