UWorld, LLC Irving, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
UWorld is looking for contributors to develop biostatistics and epidemiology items for our United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) question banks (Qbanks).
UWorld's USMLE Qbanks are used by the majority of medical students in the United States to prepare for the National Medical Board of Examiners (NBME) USMLE Step 1, 2, and 3 licensing examinations. Up to ~20% of NBME examination items cover topics in biostatistics, epidemiology, population health, and interpretation of the medical literature.
The successful candidate should have experience in, and passion for, health education and be able to produce high-quality multiple-choice items to mimic examination content in these topics. The items should be based on scenarios that are of clinical relevance and should test topics that are high yield to practicing physicians. They should include items based on journal abstracts and drug advertisements. Question stems should mimic NBME style and difficulty level. Explanations should provide comprehensive rationales for the correct and incorrect answer options.
Training and support will be provided by on-site UWorld authors, but the contributor will be expected to work independently with guidance as needed. Submitted items will be subject to UWorld's extensive review and editing process.
- Produce high-quality question stems with comprehensive, clearly written explanations for the USMLE Step 1, 2, and 3 Qbanks and other products if needed
- Review existing Qbanks items and explanations as required
- Stay abreast of recent clinical trials, major medical journal publications, and other relevant developments
- Master's degree in public health or related field (biostatistics, epidemiology, clinical research) required, but PhD preferred
- Experience in clinical research or other patient-centered healthcare setting required
- Medical background or familiarity with USMLE examination preferred
- Experience developing standardized board questions preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Passion for education and learning
- Must have access to PC with MS Windows operating system
- Must have experience using MS Word (markups, comments, etc.) and MS Excel
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation (contingent on experience
- Paid time off (based on sliding scale according to hire date and work hours)
- Generous paid holiday schedule
- Comprehensive benefits package (medical, vision, dental, life, disability)
- 401(k) plan for retirement with 4% employer matching (eligibility after 90 days of employment)
At UWorld, we believe strength is derived from the talents, ideas, and experiences of a diverse workforce. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other protected class. UWorld is proud to be an equal opportunity employer providing a drug-free workplace. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
HealthcareView all jobs at UWorld, LLC