Facility Maintenance Tech I
Facility Maintenance Technician I
Job Code: EN6291
Sign On Bonus Available: $1,000.00!!
We are welcoming a new era in healthcare where achieving good health is just the beginning. At UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper, we believe in caring for the whole person by getting to know - and making connections with - our patients. By combining the talent and expertise of our people, the breadth of capabilities across our system, and our commitment to helping our communities get better and stay healthy, we are improving the patient experience.
As a UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper team member, you will have a voice in patient care decisions, support the most advanced medical technologies and feel a strong sense of satisfaction from making a difference in people's lives every day.
Supervises Positions: No
The Maintenance Technician provides a variety of building trade functions to maintain the appearance and integrity of the buildings and grounds of UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper and other affiliated facilities. The position requires the ability to effectively interact with all facility stakeholders. The Maintenance Technician must be able to perform assigned work independently. He/She must also be a good time manager and able to perform the tasks to meet the goals of UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper. The specific job functions include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains, repairs, and constructs physical items as noted on authorized maintenance requests.
- Assist facility staff in multiple fields with emphasis on repair of building surfaces (painting, sheetrock, plaster, acoustical tile, and flooring).
- Performs trash removal and surplus equipment removal.
- Assists other Facilities Management staff as requested by Director, Facilities Management.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed by Director, Facilities Management.
- Follows, supports, and assists in enforcement of safety and infection control policies of the Facilities Management Department and all other hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Provides fire and security services, as required, during day shift.
Customer Service: Collaborates with service personnel, inspectors, and vendors in facility maintenance.
- Assists outside service personnel, inspectors, and vendors.
- Relays information to all team members as needed.
- Collaborates with supervisor/manager and ESIC to identify building/equipment/grounds issues.
Safety: Ensures company assets are in a safe working condition.
- Wears appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), essential to the job.
- Responds and assists in Code Red/evacuation activities/alarms.
Compliance: Maintains knowledge and compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Supports organizational and departmental policies and procedures as required for compliance.
- Provides support during facility compliance audits.
Inter-departmental Collaboration: Interacts with individuals from different departments and levels of authority.
- Provides leadership, support, guidance, and experience to other technicians for facility maintenance.
- Assists with events and programs outside of typical engineering responsibilities.
- Participates in department meetings as well as other special meetings to provide information on facility issues/condition.
Engineering and Maintenance Expertise: Maintains the service life of company assets such as physical structures, HVAC, mechanical, utilities, and grounds.
- Understands the operation and repair of all types of mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC equipment.
- Understands universal hazardous materials waste as it relates to maintenance activities.
- Reads and understands building system drawings.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools in facility maintenance.
The incumbent may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. Technical training in specific building trades preferred.
Experience: 2 years of experience performing plant operations and general maintenance in a healthcare facility or similar work environment preferred. General building trades experience preferred. Refer to the Life Support Training Policy for additional details.
Licensure: Current valid driver's license in good standing with evidence of insurance in order to qualify for, and maintain, position.
Additional Skills/Requirements Required: Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Ability to successfully apply customer satisfaction standards. Knowledgeable in the use of a variety of hand and power tools used in facility maintenance. Ability to interact with individuals of all cultures and levels of authority. General abilities in all building and construction trades and manual labor. Must be able to interpret plans, drawings, and other construction documentation. Must have physical stamina to perform a variety of bending, standing, heavy lifting, and climbing tasks.
Additional Skills/Requirements Preferred: Basic knowledge of principles in design, operation, and repair of all types of mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC equipment. Basic knowledge of building codes, electrical codes, fire codes, and The Joint Commission standards for the Environment of Care. Basic knowledge in reading and understanding blueprints and electrical schematics.
Physical Demand Code: 15A, Maintenance
Work Function/Activity: Medium to Heavy Physical Demand
The job requires standing and walking constantly and frequently bending/stooping. Frequent repetitive body movements. Proficient communicative, auditory, and visual skills. Attention to detail and ability to write legibly. Ability to lift/push/pull up to 100 lbs. For any weight over 35 lbs., use Safe Handling Equipment. This job description may not include all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. It may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper.
- May require the use of safety equipment, such as HEPA mask, for infection prevention: Yes
- On call responsibilities as directed: Yes
- Ability to travel between campus buildings, remote facilities, and out of town as needed: Yes
15225 Heathcote BlvdHaymarket, VA
Get fresh Facility Maintenance Tech I jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.