Job Code: CT3143
Sign On Bonus Available!!
We are welcoming a new era in healthcare where achieving good health is just the beginning. At UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper, we believe in caring for the whole person by getting to know - and making connections with - our patients. By combining the talent and expertise of our people, the breadth of capabilities across our system, and our commitment to helping our communities get better and stay healthy, we are improving the patient experience.
As a UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper team member, you will have a voice in patient care decisions, support the most advanced medical technologies and feel a strong sense of satisfaction from making a difference in people's lives every day.
Supervises Positions: No
The CT technologist assists physicians in the performance of diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures by preparing the patient and operating the CT equipment in order to obtain diagnostic scans.
Patient Care: Ensures patient safety and comfort while in the radiology department.
- Explains the procedure and post-procedure orders to the patient to gain cooperation and minimize anxiety.
- Prioritizes workflow in regard to patient condition and ensures patients' arrival and departure occur in a timely manner.
- Provides an atmosphere conducive to gain the patient's cooperation and confidence.
- Utilizes data received from patient satisfaction and practice performance results to identify opportunities to improve and participates in the planning and improvement process.
Compliance: Follows and supports OSHA regulations and uses universal precautions when required.
- Cleans examination surfaces between patients.
- Provides clean linen including sheets, gowns, pillowcases, and towels.
- Immediately cleans spills following universal precautions.
- Properly stores accessory equipment when not in use.
Teamwork: Works within a team to achieve patient and team goals.
- Shares and initiates regular and professional communication with co-workers.
- Facilitates and participates in regular staff meetings.
Technical Competency: Follows routine standards and properly and safely manipulates equipment, within its limitations, to obtain images.
- Maintains sterile equipment and fields.
- Adjusts cameras to obtain the proper density and contrast.
- Performs any necessary warm-up and quality control procedures on the equipment.
- Uses protocols to obtain images of internal structures.
- Critiques images for quality and makes necessary judgments to determine if repeat is necessary.
The incumbent may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED required. 2 Year/Associate's Degree preferred. Graduate of ARRT- approved Radiography Program.
Experience: 1 year of experience in CT preferred. Refer to the Life Support Training Policy for additional details.
Licensure: Certified and registered by ARRT in CT - RT(R)(CT) within 12 months of hire required.
Additional Skills/Requirements Required: Analytical ability, basic computer skills, good communication skills, ability to adapt to procedures based on age of patient, ability to interpret information to identify each patient's requirements for care relative to his/her age specific needs. Prepares patient for procedures. Operates CT equipment.
Additional Skills/Requirements Preferred: N/A
Physical Demand Code: 13A, Imaging
Work Function/Activity: Medium to Heavy Physical Demand
The job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling and reaching (overhead, extensive, repetitive). Proficient communicative, auditory, and visual skills. Attention to detail and ability to write legibly. Ability to lift/push/pull up to 100 lbs. For any weight over 35 lbs., use Safe Handling Equipment. May be exposed to radiation. This job description may not include all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described. It may be amended at any time at the sole discretion of UVA Health Northern VA & Culpeper.
- May require the use of safety equipment, such as HEPA mask, for infection prevention: Yes
- On call responsibilities as directed: Yes
- Ability to travel between campus buildings, remote facilities, and out of town as needed: Yes
15225 Heathcote BlvdHaymarket, VA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.