USVTA LLC Antioch, CA
- $180,000 to $250,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
East Bay Veterinary Emergency is seeking an experienced Emergency Medicine or Critical Care Overnight Doctor to join our talented team in Antioch, California.
At VCA East Bay Veterinary Emergency (EBVE) we operate a 24 hour a day facility with focus on providing care for emergent canine and feline cases and are a referral hospital for daytime and after-hours emergency care for the over 25 local general practitioners. Our emergency surgeries are performed by a board-certified on-call surgeon.
Our experienced and knowledgeable team members are fully trained in the latest veterinary medicine and procedures, ensuring that our patients receive the best veterinary care in the industry.
This is a full-time position working approximately 12, 10 hour shifts per month.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL:
- Our well-appointed hospital includes 4 exam rooms, 1 large and open treatment area, a surgery suite, an isolation unit and Snyder ICU oxygen cage.
- In-house laboratory capabilities include Heska CBC and Chemistries, Electrolytes, iStat, PT/PTT/Viscoelastic Coagulation Monitoring, Felv/FIV, Parvo, Idexx Resting Cortisol, and cytology. We use Antech laboratories for all other diagnostics.
- We have an in house ultrasound and digital radiography technology with a viewing station to review radiographs with owners as well as the opportunity to send out all of our digital radiographs to a Board Certified Radiologist for an expert opinion.
- Surgical monitoring and support includes Cardell monitors including pulse ox and blood pressure monitoring.
- Electronic Medical Records
- Long-term, experienced and very knowledgeable RVT’s and vet assistants
- A loyal RDVM base for referrals
- Complete pharmacy, including canine pRBC, canine and feline plasma, intralipids and a large inventory of established emergency pharmaceuticals
- Strong focus on client education.
- Excellent collaborative relationship with our sister hospital VCA Encina Veterinary Medical Center about 15 minutes away. Encina has specialists is Surgery, Oncology, and Internal Medicine.
Antioch is located on the banks of the San Joaquin River (The Delta) in Northern California. It is just off of Highway 4, in Contra Costa County and is a growing city. Antioch is one of the few Bay Area communities that offers affordable housing. There are a variety of house styles throughout Antioch, priced for a variety of income levels. With the recent BART extension, everything the Bay Area has to offer is more readily accessible. It has an ideal year round climate with incredible outdoor opportunities including hiking, mountain biking, lots of water sports, skiing, wine tasting, and camping. An easy drive in any direction takes you to San Francisco, Lake Tahoe or Napa Valley with all their accompanying activities.
- Doctor of Veterinary degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
- Active Veterinary State License
- Innovative associate health and wellbeing department (Headspace app subscriptions, Vault financial wellness tool, and access to additional mental health resources)
- 401k retirement savings plan with company match
- Health/dental/vision insurance, infertility benefits, gender affirmation services
- Paid parental, vacation and sick leave
- Professional Development
- Continuing Education Allowance and paid Continuing Education Days
- Academy’s Mentorship Program – participate as a mentee or mentor in a GP or ER setting
- Opportunities to participate in a robust Clinical Studies program
- Additional Benefits
- Up to 100% Pet Care Discount for your own pets
- 100% paid professional liability coverage
- 100% paid life insurance
- 100% paid short-term disability insurance
- Access to a network of 5,000 doctors, including more than 600 specialists
Compensation is negotiable based on education, experience, and other relevant credentials. The annual salary range for this position is $180,000 to $250,000.
USVTA LLCAntioch, CA
9 days agoView All USVTA LLC Jobs
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.