USVTA LLC Dyer, IN
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
OFFERING: SIGN-ON BONUS, RELOCATION ASSISTANCE, STUDENT LOAN ASSISTANCE AND FUTURE OWNERSHIP OPTIONS
Pet Vet Express and Plum Creek Animal Medical Center are a well-established, progressive, fast-paced small animal practice duo. Plum Creek offers many services to provide the best comprehensive care to our patients, including Wellness and Preventive Care, Illness and Urgent Care, General Surgery, Dentistry, Therapeutic Laser Therapy, In-House Diagnostics, Digital full body and dental radiology, Ultrasonography, Medical and/or Vacation Boarding and more. Plum Creek is proud to be a 25-year AAHA-Accredited hospital.
Pet Vet Express is just 7.8 miles away from Plum Creek in Dyer, Indiana. Pet Vet is our limited-service outpatient clinic that allows doctors and staff to see a variety of cases; records and clients are shared between locations. The proximity to Chicago and Northwest Indiana provides an easy commute to shopping and recreation. Popular activities in the area include hiking and cross-country skiing in the many forest preserves, visiting the beaches along Lake Michigan and more.
We are looking for the following:
- Full Time Veterinarian
- Compassionate, Team Player and Strong Communicator
- Proficient in general medicine and surgery
- Experience preferred but new graduates seeking mentorship are encouraged to apply!
Additional Information/Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to sit or stand and work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to be confident around animals (i.e., dogs, cats, birds, reptiles, etc. Candidate to confirm species treated with practice leadership for additional clarity.)
- Client needs and work volume may occasionally require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. This position may require special working hours, including working weekends, evenings and/or holidays.
- Must have mental capacity and processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderately high. Ear plugs will be available upon request.
- Job requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform required duties while working.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate other equipment as required.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Hospital teammates are routinely exposed to a variety of animals that may bite, kick or scratch, and on occasion, may be exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological or zoological diseases.
- Doctor of Veterinary degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
- Current DEA License or obtained upon hire
- Active Veterinary State License
- USDA Accreditation or obtained upon hire
- Basic Surgical Skills
If hired choose from up to a $60k Signing Bonus -or- Wipe-Out 1 Year Tuition from your student debt!
- Flexible Scheduling
- Comprehensive Benefits (paid vacation/sick time/holidays, health, dental, vision, liability, 401K, life & supplemental insurance, employee assistance program & personal pet care discounts)
- Future Ownership Opportunities
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical Autonomy
- DVM Mentor Network
- Paid CE Allowance & Professional Dues
USVTA LLCDyer, IN
11 days agoView All USVTA LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.