Responsible for the overall operation of the facility to include operations, customer service, financial performance, and employee development. The Warehouse Manager will lead the terminal staff to ensure the company’s goals and objectives are met while creating a productive and safe environment for employees and vendors.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continuously assess service delivery to ensure the customers’ expectations are exceeded. Manage the Profit & Loss Statement to ensure the budget is met for revenue, gross profit, personnel, general and administrative expenses.
- Plan, implement and oversee the work of staff members to ensure efficiency and compliance with organizational requirements and company procedures.
- Manage all operational KPI’s, including but not limited to warehouse efficiency, employee efficiency, warehouse utilization, on time delivery and piece scanning, to ensure targets are exceeded.
- Evaluate transportation services and implement changes to scheduling and vendors as needed to ensure the terminal provides the highest-level service at the least cost.
- Ensure staff members fully and consistently comply with safety rules, administrative procedures and policies, environmental policies and government regulations.
- Act quickly and decisively to resolve shipper or customer complaints and verify their authenticity and accuracy.
- Collaborate with staff members and fellow managers to create, modify and implement goals, procedures, policies and objectives when the opportunity presents itself.
- Conduct frequent telephonic and face-to-face meetings with high volume customers to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Ensure facility is managed and operating properly to allow for the potential of full productivity at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of previous transportation related experience.
- Strong Leadership and team building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational and multitasking skills.
- Previous experience as a Terminal/Warehouse Manager.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
- Driver’s License.
• Proficient computer skills MS Word, Excel, Outlook; must be able to toggle between multiple screens.
• Prior experience with a Transportation Management System (eCourier preferred) and a Warehouse Management System (Cadre preferred).
- Previous experience successfully negotiating rates with independent contractors and transportation companies.
- Previous experience with the independent contractor business model.
- Basic understanding of OSHA and DOT requirements.
- Ability to utilize performance improvement tools (such as Six Sigma) to create an environment where long range planning and continuous improvement are ingrained into the terminal staff.
- Proactive and resourceful. Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization. Read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills.
Shift Days/Hours: Monday-Friday / 7:00 AM-4:00 PM
We don’t put people in jobs, we work with them to develop long-term career paths that are rewarding, challenging and fulfilling.
We’ve built an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and a sense of belonging. We value input, we demand collaboration and we recognize performance. We work together, we play together, and we succeed together!
Get on the path to a successful career that delivers more!
USPackAt USPack, we know our people set us apart. And that’s why we do everything we can to invest in them and help them grow every day. We don’t put people in jobs, we work with them to develop long-term career paths that are rewarding, challenging and fulfilling. We’ve built an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and a sense of belonging. We value input, we demand collaboration and we recognize performance. We work together, we play together, and we succeed together! Get on the path to a successful career that delivers more!