The Operations Manager provides overall management and coordination to ensure all company goals are met for a particular operation(s) and client(s). This position is responsible to identify, transmit and satisfy our customers’ needs by contracting and utilizing Independent Contractors as delivery drivers delivering products from our clients’ location(s) to designated locations in predetermined time definite route(s). This is an entry level management position. Individual tasks shall include but not be limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate and develop relationships with customers, dispatchers and contractors on a consistent basis to ensure quality of service.
• Probe and identify potential business expansion opportunities (routed and/or on-call deliveries) within each client’s operations.
• Coordinate routes with contractors to fulfill customer requirements on a weekly basis.
• Utilize selection guidelines to screen, interview and contract drivers on an ongoing basis.
• Secure all customer required documentation for all Independent Contractors prior to contracting the driver.
• Create and submit a dispatch master schedule showing the route number, departure times, driver numbers and contingency back-up for each route for the following week and coordinate accordingly with dispatch.
• Ensure contractors understand and comply with all customer requirements and maintain acceptable levels of client scanning requirements.
• Notify the Independent Contractor Compliance Department immediately of all verbal or written inquiries concerning any contract violations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
In this position you should have logistic/courier route management experience as well as a background in contracting drivers, route scheduling and customer service. Additional Operations Manager requirements:
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary for driver and customer interactions.
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing at all levels of the organization.
• Independent judgment required to plan, prioritize and organize competing tasks or demands that may be deadline driven.
• Ability to understand the independent contractor relationship
• Proficient in basic MS Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
• Ability to work additional hours as needed.
• Ability to deal with operational issues when necessary.
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and clean, functional vehicle.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
• Travel as required.
• High School Diploma or equivalent. Associates degree is preferred.
• Supervisory/ Management experience required.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred.
• Flexible schedule - Ability to work additional hours if needed.
Shift Days/Hours - Monday to Friday / 5:00 AM - 1:00 PM - Ability to work additional hours as needed.
We don’t put people in jobs, we work with them to develop long-term career paths that are rewarding, challenging and fulfilling.
We’ve built an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and a sense of belonging. We value input, we demand collaboration and we recognize performance. We work together, we play together, and we succeed together!
Get on the path to a successful career that delivers more!
USPackAt USPack, we know our people set us apart. And that’s why we do everything we can to invest in them and help them grow every day. We don’t put people in jobs, we work with them to develop long-term career paths that are rewarding, challenging and fulfilling. We’ve built an inclusive culture where everyone has a voice and a sense of belonging. We value input, we demand collaboration and we recognize performance. We work together, we play together, and we succeed together! Get on the path to a successful career that delivers more!