The Operations Coordinator (OC) is an entry level position. The OC provides overall coordination to ensure all company goals are met for a particular operation and client. This position is responsible to contract and utilize Independent Contractors (IC) as courier drivers transporting products from our clients’ location(s) to designated locations in predetermined time definite route(s). Individual tasks shall include but not be limited to the following:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor to ensure all routes are covered, driver check in is complete and communicated to the customer, and routes run on time.
- Monitor and communicate route changes to Dispatch department and drivers.
- Monitor dispatch board to ensure customer delivery times are being met.
- Communicate any delays and/or problems to the customer and Dispatch department.
- Inspect vehicles to ensure customer specifications are met.
- Work directly with drivers to resolve any problems on the road.
- When necessary will reroute or run routes to ensure on time execution.
- Monitor driver compliance with all customer regulations.
- Assist with contracting of additional drivers.
- Complete daily service reports as required by the customer.
- Create and process administrative reports and paperwork as directed.
- Logistics and/or Dispatching experience preferred.
- Customer service experience required.
- Basic MS Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, and Word) experience required.
- Proactive and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Independent judgment required to plan, prioritize and organize competing tasks or demands that may be deadline driven.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license and clean, functional vehicle.
- Ability to develop and maintain meaningful business relationships with customers.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- MS Office Programs (Outlook, Excel, and Word) experience required.
- Tech savvy, Smart phone usage ability
- Full-Time, Direct Hire
- Must be available Monday-Friday 6pm - 2am
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.