Patient Access Spl - Hospital PRN Various Shifts
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Education & Training: High school diploma or equivalent
Required Licenses/Certifications: BLS Preferred
Work Experience: 1 to 2 years of experience in an administrative support role in a healthcare setting.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions: Ability to stand/walk between 2 to 4 hours, and sit between 6 to 8 hours. Requires the motion to bend, squat, reach, lift, carry, push, and pull up to 1/3 of the time. Continuous use of hands and feet in gross and precise motor function. Lift up to 10 pounds 1/3 or more of the time.
Special Requirements: Verbal and writing ability required to communicate effectively in informing employees of activities and policies. Numerical ability required. Ability to receive, comprehend, and carry out instructions; ability to work safely with equipment, supplies, and materials; ability to comply with attendance requirements; ability to comply with Human Resource policies. Handle multiple priorities. Manage anger, fear, hostility, and stress appropriately. Work alone and with others effectively. Work in close proximity to others and in a distracting environment. Working knowledge of medical terminology. Variable hours that includes weekends and nights.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates full knowledge of front desk and registration operations, obtains complete demographic and financial information or equivalent from patient.
- Attend training programs and meetings as required
- Enters complete insurance information into the computer including network payor, mailing address, telephone number, policy, policyholder, and group number
- Recognize patient’s level of care needed upon arrival.
- Identifies insurance plans and requirements and obtains authorizations and referrals as needed.
- Attends all mandatory education programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety and regulatory compliance.
- Attends all required department-specific education and training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to department safety and specific job‑related hazards.
- Demonstrates proper body mechanics in all functions.
- Wears proper identification while on duty.
- Perform other duties as assigned
USMD Hospital At Arlington LP
HealthcareView all jobs at USMD Hospital At Arlington LP