- Posted: July 31, 2017
USM Business Systems Inc. is a quickly developing worldwide System Integrator, Software and Product Development, IT Outsourcing and Technology assistance supplier headquartered in Chantilly, VA with off-shore delivery centers in India. We offer world-class ability in giving most astounding quality and administrations through industry best practices planned to convey remarkable worth to our customers.
Utilizing our industry knowledge, administration service offering expertise and innovation abilities, we distinguish new business and innovation slants and create answers for help customers around the globe, giving top of the line solid and practical IT benefits which are cost effective services.
Established in 1999, the organization has corner qualities in building and dealing with a Business Oriented IT environment with rich involvement in technology innovation, ERP and CRM counselling, Product Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Management, SOA, BPM, Data Warehousing, SharePoint Consulting and IT Infrastructure. Our other offerings include modified solutions and administrations in ERP, CRM, Enterprise architecture, offshore advisory services ,e-commerce, Social , Mobile, Cloud, Analytics (SMAC) and DevOps.
USM, a US ensured Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) is perceived as one of the fastest developing IT Systems Integrator in the Washington, DC zone. Most as of late, USM was positioned #9 on the rundown of the Top administrations organizations in the DC Metro Area - Washington Business Journal (2011). We are a project-driven firm that reliably meets the IT needs of our State and Government customers through development and business keenness.
Job Title: IT Analyst
Location: Reston, VA
Contract Length: 6 months +
Citizenship: US, GC, GC/EAD
- The required skillsets are experience with Java programming and troubleshooting/production support.
- Cobol, CICS and Fidelity Systematics core banking applications would just be bonuses that would be helpful to our team.
- In addition, anyone with experience in IIB, .NET, SOA, DataPower, or Azure (as secondary skillsets) would be very helpful.
- There are people who can support more than one technology, though it's not as common as someone who specializes in one are.
- Since we support hundreds of applications that use a variety of technologies, we'd love to try to find a "jack-of-all-trades".
IT Analyst IV
Basic Purpose: To compile, research, analyze and document data, requirements, workflow/ processes, functionality and or controls for respective IT group. To develop and evaluate information, and prepare recommendations based on analysis for use in decision making. Serve as liaison and / or subject matter expert in respective business area. Provide leadership for strategic and compliance projects or programs.
Analysis and Research
- Investigate operational or business problems and propose solutions
- Ensure compliance with Navy Federal Credit Union IT standards and best practices
- Solve business problems by defining the problem, interviewing stakeholders, identifying and evaluating alternatives, and presenting the findings
- Present complete and organized documentation of processes, systems, and data
- Identify and analyze opportunities for new and/or improved processes, data, or technology; provide clear picture of possible outcomes
- Define the core work definitions / operating model, demonstrating the step-by-step life cycle of the process and document the execution process flows
- Leverage consistent templates, tools and organizational strategy to define IT processes and ensure practices and processes are standardized and repeatable
- Drive industry benchmarking regarding best practices and continuous improvement
- Identify and champions opportunities for new and/or improved processes
- Separates and combines tasks into efficient workflow to improve operations and overall performance of supported processes
- Participate in efforts to build the short and long-term infrastructure of the respective business domain knowledge
- Provide input into best practices for the respective business area
- Assist with evaluating and recommending changes to standard Navy Federal templates and methodologies
- Learns, remains current on, and communicates best practices and trends in business and technology
Business Area Focus
- Serve as liaison and / or subject matter expert in respective business area
- Collaborate constructively with peers, business units and/or project teams, and vendors to ensure business needs are fully communicated, documented and satisfied
Provide consistent, concise, relevant, reliable and timely information to all appropriate internal and external audiences/stakeholders through a variety of media
Ensures accuracy of information to enable effective business decisions
Frame message in line with audience experience, background, and expectations; uses terms, examples, and analogies that are meaningful to the audience
Seek input from audience; confirm checks understanding; presents message in different ways to enhance understanding
Level IV Analyst:
- Has authority to make project-related decisions.
- Plans and manages implementation and integration of new technologies.
- Responsible for solving highly technical and complex problems on multiple projects, and providing consultative support to internal staff.
- May provide regular feedback to employees and input to the PAR process.
- Provides regular status updates to senior leadership and other business area executives
- Responsible for established policies, procedures, and/or methodologies as required.
- Provides overall leadership for large strategic and compliance projects or programs. May oversee the analysts that fall under these large programs.
- Participates in the vendor selection process when using external vendors to partner with NFCU on project delivery.
- Ability to work and collaborate with all levels of management, staff and vendors
- Ability to present findings and conclusions clearly and concisely
- Ability to exercise initiative, produce desired results and achieve objectives
- Experience that demonstrates knowledge and skill in domain area
- Effective attention to detail
- Effective planning and organizational skills
- Effective research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including skill in in negotiating and persuading others
- Knowledge of NFCU operations, processes and procedures, including NFCU SDLC
- Certification in appropriate analyst discipline
- Programming knowledge in COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL
- Analysis and Research for Incident and Problem resolution
- Knowledge of FIS Core Banking Systems a plus (RM, GN, IM, AM, SC)
- Strong skills in leading other analysts
- Highly developed communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings, and alternatives
- Demonstrated skill in exercising initiative and good judgment, and making sound decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Skill in using PCs including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics applications
- Partners with the Business Relationship Manger and business area to plan the scope and timeline of the program or large project.
If you are interested in above position, please share your updated resume to gmahesh(at)usmsystems(dot)com or can directly call me on 703-880-4184.
TechnologyView all jobs at USM
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?