Railroad & Intermodal Broker
- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $70,000 Yearly
USKO Logistics is a rapidly growing 3PL organization. We are looking for an experienced Railroad & Intermodal Broker to join our excellent team.
The primary duty of a Railroad & Intermodal Broker is to manage and perform planning, forecasting and shipment execution for all modes of transport. The role will assist in the management, analysis, negotiation and establishment of all transportation freight rates and service contracts. This individual is also responsible for the integrity of transportation records to ensure correct freight charges are applied or invoiced. This role handles service and compliance issues and assists in the management of the export transportation process.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, reliable, ambitious, and eager to put in the time and effort needed to take our company to the next level!
It is a full time job. Remote duty performance is negotiable.Compensation:
$50,000 - $70,000 yearlyResponsibilities:
- Management of daily transportation functions to support USKO Logistics needs domestically.
- Interacts on a frequent basis with the railroad, trucking, and intermodal representatives regarding services, industry issues, new routes, and freight rates.
- Negotiates rates and reviews contracts with multiple vendors.
- Provide information for internal/external audit requests that involve transportation and logistics.
- Works with the Director of Transportation on long-range distribution/transportation plans and budget planning, and other corporate-wide or business unit initiatives as required.
- Develops, establishes, and enforces processes and procedures to ensure the integrity of transportation operations.
- Works with Finance and Accounting to reduce the number of accruals, minimize invoice discrepancies, claims, and other inefficiencies that might be identified in the freight payment process
- Interacts daily with various departments. Extensive communication is required with Logistics, Customer Service, Sales, Procurement, and Operations.
- Responsible for ensuring DOT, FDA, USDA, and other transportation-related compliance regulations are met on a daily basis
- Bachelor's degree required in Transportation / Logistics, Business, Economics or related field is required with 5+ years of directly related work experience in a corporate environment.
- Proven work experience as a Railroad & Intermodal Broker, or similar role, for a manufacturer, shipper, or 3rd party freight provider
- A proven ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Advanced written and verbal negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Maturity, professional demeanor, and personal discretion to interact with business leaders.
- Independent decision-making and problem-solving skills with the ability to develop solutions in a logical and systematic way.
- Excellent communication skills emphasizing listening, writing, and speaking succinctly, clearly, and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Power BI, excel and PowerPoint is required.
The USKO Group is rapidly growing and expanding globally in the transportation industry. Offering the highest quality transportation services, we work around the clock to ensure that we provide our customers with unbeatable service and rates.
For us, providing our customers with a top-notch hassle-free experience is our main priority. We pride ourselves on being one of the fastest and most reliable truckload carriers in North America. Our teams work tirelessly around the clock to ensure all of our customer's needs are not only met, but also exceeded.
Our company offers benefits such as medical, dental, and vision. As well as company-sponsored Life AD&D. All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test as well as a mandatory background check.
USKO Group- Logistics/Expedite/Express
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?