USIC Grand Junction, CO
- Posted: over a month ago
To apply, simply TEXT USIC to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will connect you with our hiring team today.
Are you looking to jump start your career? Would you like to work for the fastest growing and most trusted name in underground utility damage prevention? If you are a quality-conscious, safety-oriented, hard-working individual who enjoys working outdoors, then consider a rewarding long-term career at USIC!
The USIC name and brand are highly recognized and respected for our strong commitment to quality and safety. We are looking for individuals to join the USIC family who consider themselves problem solvers, are confident in their abilities, take pride in public safety, and thrive in a fast-paced, exciting work environment. Our communities are your communities.
Set your sights on the future! If you’re looking for growth, we’ve got you covered. We provide a quality training program, where your valued experience grows every day, along with your opportunities for advancement.
We are currently hiring throughout Grand Junction, CO. The starting pay for this position is $15.00 / hour.
Our technicians spend their workdays on the go, independently working in the field using their company-provided vehicle. You will utilize our state-of-the-art ticket and claims management systems to ensure clear and complete mark-out services for the excavator or property owner at the work site. This advanced technology ensures that you have the resources necessary to be successful.
Your Responsibilities as a Locator:
- Correctly, safely, and efficiently locate underground utilities, including telecommunications, electric power, cable TV, gas, water, and sewer systems.
- Thoroughly search for underground utilities in a designated area, accurately marking the location, completing the necessary documentation, and photographing each locate.
Work outdoors in the fresh air, using a company-provided laptop to document and close all tickets. We have a 48-hour turnaround time on all locates, which means we generally work the day after holidays and some weekends, as needed.
These are daytime, full-time positions and overtime will be required. Instructor-led training will be provided. No prior locating experience is necessary.
Why You'll Love Working for Us (Our Benefits):
- 100% paid training We're invested in you, starting on your first day.
- High-quality company vehicle All work-related expenses are paid. This means you won't be putting mileage on your personal vehicle for work.
- Company laptop, phone, and equipment Advanced technology you can count on.
- Daily pay Access your pay when you need it most. Instantly transfer your earnings to your bank same day.
- Comprehensive insurance options A variety of excellent insurance choices including medical, dental, vision, and life.
- 401(k) with company match We will help you save for the long term with our competitive 401(k) employer match program.
- PTO and paid holidays Even in your first year, so you can spend time with your loved ones.
- Holiday on-call bonus Earn extra money while on call during a company holiday, even if not called out to an emergency.
- Post-dig season bonus Front-line employees are the first to share in the company’s success.
- Career Path Program (CPP) Unmatched in our industry. We recognize employees who strive to be the best in their roles with distinctive titles, promotions, and more.
- Outstanding Marks Program Earn points for tenure, safety, and quality milestones to spend on products of your choice from an expansive online store.
- Tenure Boots Program Provides a $200 voucher to buy a new pair of work boots on your first anniversary and every year after.
- Wellness check/help buttons Ensure our technicians get home safely each day and receive help quickly with difficult tickets. With team leads to guide and mentor each crew, even as lone workers, you are never alone.
- Tech Health Desk Dedicated representatives to get you what you need when you need it.
- Employee discounts & perks Outstanding discounts at major retailers and service providers.
What We Need from You (Our Requirements):
- Able and willing to work outdoors in various weather conditions. Previous outdoor experience is a plus.
- Able to work in a confined space; walk, bend, and lift up to 75 lbs.
- Computer proficiency
- Available to work overtime and weekends (as needed)
- Able to pass a drug screen
- Valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.