Making a Difference
Our advisors make a real difference in people's lives. Our trusted advisors planning can impact, and protect, families for generations. We pride ourselves on being a unified company who share our values of commitment and dedication with our customers. As a result of the current economic conditions, our clients are looking for viable alternatives to their current programs and this situation has greatly increased a demand for our products and services. The need in today's marketplace for benefits consultants has never been greater, and at USHA the "AGENT IS KING!"
Your role will include:
- Develops base for long-term sources of clients by using referrals, occupational, and special-interest groups to compile lists of prospects.
- Approaches potential clients by utilizing mailings and phone solicitation; making presentations to groups at company-sponsored gatherings; speaking publicly to community groups on the subject of healthcare coverage.
- Determines clients' particular needs and/or financial situations by scheduling fact-finding appointments; determining extent of present coverage and/or investments; ascertaining long-term goals.
- Develops a coordinated protection plan by calculating and quoting rates for immediate coverage action and long-term strategy implementation.
- Completes coverage by delivering policy, planning future follow-up conversations, and evaluations of needs.
- Provides continuing service by processing changes in policies and reassessing client needs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances insurance agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Our field force comes from diverse professional backgrounds, but we find that our top performers all share many of the following:
- Excellent communication skills
- Need based selling
- Customer service or retail sales experience
- Product knowledge and willingness to learn
- Experience prospecting, networking and new business development
- Ability to close a sale