- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the direction of the Mechanic Supervisor or other appropriate administrative staff, the Mechanic is responsible for, installing, maintaining, and repairing the production equipment in a safe, efficient, cost-effective manner ensuring the continuous operations of assigned equipment at the plant. The Mechanic will work in rotating shifts and in partnership with other mechanics and operators at the Plaster City plant.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Work safely as a top priority by adhering to the plant’s safety policies and objectives.
• Complete on time safety training (Classroom and OTIS).
• Support company policies, departmental instructions, and objectives in a positive manner.
• Ensure all repair and maintenance work orders are performed safely, efficiently and within the time frame.
• Work with other department maintenance technicians and operators to execute efficiently the daily basis work orders.
• Overall responsibility by following maintenance program best practices.
• Communicate value added opportunities and solution plans to improve safety and equipment performance.
• Support operations and maintenance to improve equipment reliability.
• Lead group of operators during routine and non-routine maintenance tasks.
• Assist with implementation of predictive maintenance programs including vibration analysis, infrared testing, oil analysis, ultrasonic and motor circuit analysis, etc.
• Participate in training classes/seminars provided by USG or 3rd party companies.
• Keep active communication with board line Maintenance Supervisor about shift performance and any other issue that could arise.
• Submit work orders request using EAM System (CMMS).
• Electro-Mechanic industrial experience, 2+ years. •Experience with installation, modification, maintenance, and repair of following equipment: Electric Motors, Electrical Substations, Variable Frequency Drives, Liquid Pumps, Gear Boxes, Conveying Systems (Rotating helical screws, Automated rollers & belts), Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
• Experience on Welding, Cutting and Metal Fabrication.
• Proficient with Mechanical, Electrical, PLC & Instrumentation troubleshooting.
• Experience with precision shaft alignments.
• Experience with preventive maintenance tasks.
• Experience with predictive maintenance tools usage: Vibration, Ultrasound, I/R thermograph, Lubrication, Motor Analysis.
• Ability to read electrical & mechanical schematics/blueprints.
• Strong communication skills to interact with operation and maintenance personnel.
• Basic computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
Rate of pay may be adjusted based on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
USG employees enjoy a number of benefit options for themselves and their families. These include two medical insurance options, as well as vision and dental coverage. The cost of these optional programs varies based on coverage level - employees generally pay 25% of the monthly premium cost, USG pays the rest. These coverage options are offered on the first day of employment with no waiting period.Additionally, USG employees enjoy both a 401(k) Investment Plan with company match and a pension plan. Beyond these main features, employees may also choose from a number of additional programs like life insurance, accident insurance, legal insurance, even pet insurance, just to name a few. USG also offers Quarterly (hourly) / Annual (salary) bonus potential for all employees based on performance metrics tied to safety, quality, and productivity.
Since 1902, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products and systems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG's employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Our steadfast commitment to the company's core business values – innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiency and safety – have helped us become the company we are today.
EOE including disability/veteran
AutomotiveView all jobs at USG Corporation
Get fresh Mechanic Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.