For more than 110 years, Chicago-based USG has been a leader in producing innovative, award-winning products andsystems to build everything from major commercial developments and residential housing to home improvements. USG'snearly 7,000 employees are committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and quality in everything we do. Oursteadfast commitment to the company's core business values - innovation, quality, integrity, service, diversity, efficiencyand safety - have helped us become the company we are today. And looking to the future, USG employees are very optimistic - in fact, 97% of professional employees surveyed in 2013 have confidence in the company's strategicobjectives and 96% are confident in senior leadership.
As a company with $3B in revenues, we're big enough that our professionals have the resources to make a difference- and we're small enough that you're not just a number. You'll work on key initiatives and build strong relationshipsacross the company to successfully complete vital projects that will drive the future of our company.
USG offers work-life balance, promotion from within, low turnover, exceptional benefits, a dynamic environment, and theability to explore career opportunities in different functional areas within the company. Find out more about growing yourcareer with USG athttp://www.usg.com/content/usgcom/en/about-usg/careers.html.
You can also visithttps://www.facebook.com/USGCORPto learn more about what's happening at USG.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Serves as primary point of contact for customers placing orders.
- Utilizes Customer Service resources to provide high level of consistent customer service.
- Responsible for order entry, follow-up and customer inquiries. Accurately enter all customer order information, includingcorrect material, quantity, customer profile and contact information, alerts shipping information, and other critical pieces ofdata.
- Communicates effectively with all departments, including manufacturing, sales and accounts receivable.
- Actively shares the workload of the team by answering telephones, responding to emails, resolving issues andcommunicating customer specific information. Works with team members to delegate or take on more tasks asappropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of direct or indirect customer service experience a plus
- Strong customer service skills, including verbal and written contact, follow through, issue resolution, relationship building,and timely accurate courteous service
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong detail orientation and communication/listening skills
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the customer'sexperience
- Excellent telephone and data entry skills
Job: **Customer Service*
Organization: **Bldg Sys-CRM-120*
Title: Associate Customer Service Representative
Requisition ID: HQ 11291
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, transgender status, sexual identity, veteran status, genetic information or other criteria prohibited by law.