Program Officer - Intl Expansion & Operations
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI), is a non-governmental, not-for-profit international organization with a mission to protect the rights and address the needs of persons in migration by advancing fair and humane public policy, facilitating and providing direct professional services, and promoting the full participation of migrants in community life. For over 100 years, we have shaped history with the belief that immigrants strengthen our communities, economy and social fabric through freedom, hard work, and family unity.
The Program Officer for International Expansion and Operations provides support and guidance to the headquarters and international office staff in the areas of program quality and technical support. Current international programs in Central America and Mexico focus on repatriation of unaccompanied migrating children to Central American countries and the provision of social and legal services to migrants/asylum seekers in the Tijuana, Mexico border region. Expansion will include locations in Africa and Latin America with work centered on refugees, women, and children.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the vice president and the CEO to organize, oversee, and implement the opening of new, international offices;
- Oversee existing programming in Central America and Mexico, ensuring that international offices have access to comprehensive business development and program quality support, and logistical and administrative resources;
- Monitor and evaluate program activities; provide budgeting and financial oversight; and seek to develop new funding resources to support successful international programming and assistance and services to clients;
- Identify, plan and implement new program opportunities which benefit the international communities in which USCRI operates and/or address current or anticipated needs;
- Participate in relevant trainings and conferences; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Master’s degree in International Affairs, Social Work, Management, Business or related discipline is strongly preferred;
- At least three years demonstrated international program management experience is highly desirable; Experience opening overseas programming is preferred;
- Experience working with finance, operations, and development staff;
- Spanish fluency or other language skills preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong writing and demonstrated intercultural community ability;
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel and database programs;
- Highly adaptable and flexible with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a demanding work environment;
- Must have the flexibility to travel internationally; and
- Dedication to the rights of refugees, immigrants, asylum seekers, and displaced persons.
- Use of manual dexterity, tactile, visual, and audio acuity.
- Use of repetitive motion, prolonged periods of sitting and standing, and sustained visual and mental applications and demands.
- Occasional lifting (up to 25 pounds), bending, pulling, and carrying.
- Please submit a resume with cover letter describing your interest and qualifications with your application.
- References will be required at time of the final interview.
- No telephone calls please. Position will remain open until filled.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants is an equal opportunity employer. We maintains a policy of equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partnership status, marital status, physical or mental disability, AIDS/HIV status, age, political affiliation, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
BusinessView all jobs at USCRI