When it comes to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our customers and employees, USAble Life (a Life & Specialty Ventures Company) is always ready.
At USAble Life, we strive to have a positive impact in the lives of others, especially our employees. We are a diverse group of individuals working together to go the extra mile. Bring your talents and expertise to join our team, and you’ll be rewarded with opportunities for personal and professional development. Our passion for delivering the best products is matched by our passion for our people.
Life Takes You Places! Are you ready to join us?
A Customer Care Advisor I will:
- Make a meaningful difference in the lives of our insured members at a time they may need us the most.
- Demonstrate in both word and action a high quality of care, service, and accountability.
- Communicate professionally and empathetically.
- Make it easy for customers to understand and access their life, disability, and supplemental insurance.
- Exhibit USAble Life's commitment to providing peace of mind, ensuring that USAble Life remains the preferred choice for employers, members, and benefits administrators.
- Demonstrate expertise in our products and services. Provide exceptional service by listening, understanding, and demonstrating empathy for the caller's needs and situation. Review and expertly explain coverage provisions, claim status, and other service inquiries as assigned. Effectively navigate multiple systems to answer more complex inquiries, investigate payment, and resolve concerns with a high degree of professionalism. Act as a member advocate by offering alternative solutions, anticipating member needs, where appropriate, and setting expectations for future experience with USAble Life.
- With increasing levels of independence, answer customer questions and completes appropriate follow-up activities regarding coverage and claims associated with those policies.
- Effectively work within the service teams, across teams, and with management to resolve customer requests, inquiries and concerns. Partner with management to provide training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Maintain well-written and thorough documentation of service interactions to ensure comprehension by team members and customers.
- Work cohesively as a team to meet customer service performance metrics.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to listen to the customer's question, probe for appropriate information and understand the underlying need
- Expresses information and concepts clearly and professionally and adapts communication style to the audience and situation
- Strong troubleshooting skills and demonstrates ability to work in multiple administrative systems to locate information, investigate and resolve questions related to service requests
- Ability to be self-sufficient, manage time in a scheduled work environment and work well with other team members
- Basic knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, and e-mail tools
- Understands sensitivity of customer data and demonstrates the ability to protect both customer and business information
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of customer service experience
- Or, equivalent military experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Some college course work and/or secondary training in Insurance Field; LOMA 280/290 certification.
- Experience in healthcare, medical provider, insurance, medical terminology, claims processing and/or medical coding. Sales Force and/or CRM tool working knowledge and/or experience.