Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer I
- Expired: August 30, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
A Network Operations Center (NOC) Engineer is responsible for working on a shift of 4-5 Techs/Engineers at a time and for minimizing system downtime, performing real time surveillance of the network and notifying customers of scheduled and unscheduled outages. An important measurement of performance is ensuring the customer's expectations of service are met. The Network Operations Center (NOC) serves as the first point of contact for the customer on all system and network related issues. Since the Network Operations Center is a 24X7 operation, these positions require shift work. All applicants will be required to work shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Problem reporting and resolution.
- Performing daily routine checklists.
- Monitoring complex computer telephony automated voice applications.
- Tracking of system performance and problem troubleshooting.
- Liaison to various customer Network Control Centers.
- Incident management and outage recovery.
- Additional duties as assigned by the NOC Manager.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment and follow instructions from management and senior colleagues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Ability to multitask and meet specific goals set by management.
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot basic product hosting and technical procedures as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Education and/or Experience:
A two-year college or technical school accomplished, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
The ability to write reports, business correspondences, and procedure manuals, as well as, the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
The ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, as well as, the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products, database software, and incident tracking tools.
3080 Northwoods CircleNorcross, GA
Get fresh Network Operation Center Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.