Field Operations Engineer
- Expired: February 22, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
USAN, an Atlanta Georgia-based company with nationwide IT operations is seeking a Field Operations Engineer to join our Team. The Field Operations Engineer is expected to assume the role in performing & overseeing the implementation, management, and troubleshooting responsibilities of USAN's Nationwide on prem colocation Sites Customer location environments. Our Field Operations Engineers provide on-site & remote coverage at USAN's collocated data center locations and customer field offices as well as general IT and Telephony support where needed. Field Operations Engineers ensure installation and maintenance best practices are executed accurately and punctually. This technical IT and Telephony position requires daily remote interaction with other team members as well as meeting continual learning objectives to expand IT skills.
Work Unit & Location
Data Center Operations and Hosted Cloud Services - Field Operations Group - on premise work required.
Newark and West Orange, NJ - Collocated Data Centers - on premise work required.
Remote tasks & maintenance performed from home via company laptop and phone.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Full installation and maintenance of the following hardware types: Server Equipment (Primarily HPE), Network Equipment (Primarily Cisco), Equipment Storage (cabinets, racks, etc.), Cable Management, Fiber and CAT6 Ethernet termination.
- Scheduling and performing maintenance activities that include both remote and hands-on tasks.
- Monitoring, working, and finding solutions to Incident Cases/Tickets, Service Requests, and Kanban Tasks & Stories.
-Candidate must be capable of performing physical equipment installation and cabling with a high degree of expertise & care.
-Candidate must be capable of comfortably lifting equipment weighing up to 65 pounds.
-Candidate must be able to safely transport small quantities of equipment in personal vehicle.
-Candidate must have proficiency with at least one or more of the following:
- VoIP Protocols (such as SIP).
- Sangoma Technologies' Asterisk PBX Software.
- Cisco network administration.
- Amazon Connect.
- Basic Amazon Web Services products (EC2, S3, RDS, etc.).
- Linux and/or Windows Server administration
-At least two years of experience in the IT and/or Telecommunications industries preferred.
-Candidate proficiency with any of the following is a plus:
- Any additional skills from the Requirements section.
- ISDN T1 (TDM).
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and DevOps in general.
- Bash and/or PowerShell scripting.-Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- Commercial building power systems
165 Halsey St.Newark, NJ
EngineeringView all jobs at USAN
Get fresh Field Engineers jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.