Purpose of Job
This BISO position fills a Strategy Principal role in Information Security, and reports to an enterprise executive-level BISO that reports to the VP, Chief Information Security Officer (CISO).
Utilizes expertise, industry experience, analysis and innovation to design and deliver strategic engagement plans to internal clients. Leverages analytics, executes work plans, delivers final outcomes, recommendations, and action plans for the client. Effectively collaborates with key stakeholders, to include senior level executives, to maximize strategic engagement.
Responsible for and serving as the primary enterprise Information Security interface with one or more major Business Units, including all aspects of Information Security/Cyber strategy and operations requiring Business Unit implementation.
We are currently seeking a talented Business Information Security Officer (BISO) for the San Antonio Home Office I.
- Works directly with senior level executives to define the business problem and structure the Information Security strategic engagement plan.
- Leads cross-functional, matrixed teams to solve highly complex and high value business problems.
- Provides thought leadership that directly shapes the analysis, design and implementation of business performance approaches, developing tailor-made solutions, while working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
- Responsible for the day-to-day execution of one or more Information Security strategy engagements and the quality of all end products.
- Responsible for developing more junior team members assigned to support strategy engagements.
- Proactively communicates high quality updates to executives and other key stakeholders. Collaborates with key stakeholders and line of business leaders to create written and verbal communications to executives that provide clear guidance on Information Security strategy timeline, owners required investments, and expected results.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 10 years of strategy consulting experience to include 6 years of experience leading strategy engagements.
- Deep expertise in industries such as financial services and high-technology.
- Ability to identify strategic needs and lead all aspects of projects with sound business recommendations and alignment with key business partners.
- Demonstrated experience influencing business decisions.
- Mastery of Technical Consulting Skills: Hypothesis-driven problem solving; Primary Market research (e.g. interviews); Secondary Market research (e.g. desk research); Data analysis (e.g. what-if, sensitivity, etc.); Synthesis (e.g. so what?) ; Pyramid Principle / Story Telling; Written Communications; Visual display of quantitative information; PowerPoint / Excel; Presentation skills; Meeting Leadership; Verbal Communications; Teaming ; Project Plannin
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Functioned as a liaison and champion for Information Security within the Business Unit(s) - overseeing, advising, consulting, developing, and influencing Business engagement of an Information Security Program.
- Served as the primary enterprise Information Security interface with one or more major Business Units, including all aspects of the Information Security/Cyber requiring Business Unit implementation.
- Master's degree or similar in a related relevant field
- Security Certifications: CISSP, CISM or similar credential
- 3+ years at a top technical level in the organization within Information Security or IT.
- 3+ years in a highly U.S. regulated industry environment (i.e. one of the DHS critical sectors; insurance particularly helpful but not required).
- 10+ years of direct Information Security and/or Cybersecurity/IT experience in a large company or major consulting firm or US military.
- Experience in, and understanding of, multiple information security domains (e.g. cyber regulation, policy & standards; network security; application security; identity & access management; security risk identification and management; supply chain security; cloud security; cryptography; data security, etc.)
- Mastery of Soft-side and Technical Consulting Skills: growing and maintaining positive strategic relationships, comfortable supporting Sr. Exec Business and Technology Leadership, briefing Sr. Leadership on technical topics, anticipating and proactively addressing needs and concerns, listening/discerning, written communications; visual display and creation of quantitative information; PowerPoint / Excel; presentation skills; verbal communications; teaming ; project planning, Proven team player, with executive customer support experience
- Proven ability to translate strategy into specific goals, action plans and deliverables then track and execute and report out on the goals, actions plan and deliverables. Familiar with Key Risk Indicators (KRI's) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 08/25/19 by 11:59 pm CST time .
Find your purpose. Join our mission.
USAA has grown to serve almost 12 million members. USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 32,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity. These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
USAA is an EEO/AA Employer - applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.