Diesel Mechanic 3rd Shift 7pm - 5:30am
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
USA is at the forefront of waste hauling and processing - innovating as we work to find the best solutions for safe and efficient residential and commercial services. From building the largest state-of-the-art recycling facility in the country, powering our buildings with solar energy, and fueling our trucks with all-American natural gas, we are committed to you, our communities, and the planet.
It started with a single truck in 1974. Founder Guy Antonacci led the way by calling his new business Somers Sanitation, named after our hometown of Somers, Connecticut. Since then, we have grown our fleet, facilities, and services, expanding our footprint throughout New England. As we have evolved, one thing remains the same: a commitment to the communities we serve is at the heart of everything we do. That promise is in our DNA. Today, three generations of the Antonacci family are leading the company and its affiliates into the future, grounded in our guiding principles since the beginning: to provide outstanding customer care and innovation delivered by highly trained, knowledgeable professionals.
As leaders and innovators in waste management, we always look for team members who take pride in their work and communities. USA employees enjoy a safe, friendly working environment supported by a management team representing decades of managerial experience.
Become part of a thriving, local company!
Join the USA team, and you will become part of our family-where; your success is our success. Employees are the heart of our operations, so we offer outstanding benefits, programs, and advancement opportunities.
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account
401(k) Plan/Profit-Sharing Plan
Paid Time Off
Six Paid Holidays
Position Summary: 3rd Shift 7 pm - 5:30 am
The basic function of the Mechanic is to troubleshoot, clean, inspect, and maintain heavy and support equipment at the transfer stations and material-recovery facilities safely and professionally.
Essential Functions/Position Responsibilities:
· Troubleshooting heavy equipment.
· Maintain and repair various types of heavy equipment, diesel motors, and hydraulic systems.
· Work all assigned shifts from the scheduled start time to the scheduled end time
· Take an active role in the improvement of safety and health in the workplace
· Participate in all required Company meetings, including weekly safety meetings
· Other duties as assigned
· Ability to use a variety of vehicle maintenance tools
o Hand tools
o Electric tools
o Pneumatic tools
o Jacking equipment
o Safety stands
o Electronic testing equipment
· Ability to receive, understand, and follow oral and written instructions
· Ability to read and understand parts and service manuals
· Ability to prepare legible and understandable work orders and schedule completion sheets
· Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions
· Lifting moderate to heavy material is required.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Drivers License/ CDL B a plus
· ASE Certification
· Tow Motor Certification
· Air Brakes Certification
· Demonstrated mechanical skills
· Must supply own tools
· 2 - 5 years experience in a transportation environment
USA Waste and RecyclingBroad Brook, CT
AutomotiveView All USA Waste and Recycling Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.