Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of patients? Are you compassionate, professional, goal oriented, and a multi-tasker? If so, then we may have the ideal role for you.
As a Medical Scribe, you would help create a more efficient office by capturing all patient clinical information and accurately document it in the electronic medical record. By efficeintly and effectively doing so you will help improve clinical outcomes and reduce patient wait times. In addition, you would ensure that the patient has an excellent service experience.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in the smooth operation of an Healthcare practice and accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe/translate a history and physical exam, and document accurately the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- List all proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as dictated by the physician.
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Document any procedures performed by the physician.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Adhere to employer work practices.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, staff and managements.
- Effectively cope with typical job stress.
- Document work processes as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- 6 months experience as a Medical Scribe or experience and/or training, or equivalent education and experience.
- Medical terminology.
- Recognition of physical exam process and ability to record exam details.
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Legible handwriting and ability to accurately record information.
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow.
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Bilingual English and Spanish or Russian is a plus
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English language in person, by phone and in writing.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, attendance, punctuality and personal appearance.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and peers.